Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!! Officers with the Troops !!

Hi guys<O</O

Heres my other photo I have recently acquired, seems to be of a mixture of ranks Officers,SNCOs,Ncos and EM . Could this be a visit from the top brass to the front lines? Wonder what unit they belong too?<O</O

Any information would be greatly appreciated, also back of the photo has a description in German (Names and Ranks of the soilders in the photos ? , dose any one read German and if so what dose it say ? (Im dying to find out so far I have only been able to de-cipher the date
    <O</O

Many thank

Kindest Regards

Mark <O</O
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mauser; 05-30-2004, 03:57 PM.

Can you help de-code the German ?

d
    Attached Files

Comment

I have a feeling this is the same as your other picture, except this might be a war time course as some of the men are wearing what looks like Ek2 ribbons, once again they are wearing a level of dress that does not suggest a "front line" picture, and with the names listed, the owner wanted to remember the others, When I was on course, especialy the harder one's, you did develop an freindship or bond with your fellow classmates, that would carry on in your career. Again I hope this helps

Comment

I just noticed the date 1943 on the back of the pic. Mayby it was a basic recruit or basic trades course, allthough if it was a trade course you would think they would be showing there trades badge

Comment

I very much doubt if it's a date sign on the back: 28.13.43 ???

Major Schweighöfer. The only one with that name I can find is a Schweighöfer that was promoted Oberstleutnant on 1 April 1942. In 1939 with the Rüstungsinspektion VI.

Oberst Schäffer, Oberst 1 March 1942. 1939 with the Rüstungsinspektion VII.

Have no idea if this helps in any way. Can't do much better.

Cheers,

Hans

Comment

OPPS I missed that, although the european way is to use a "." betwwen the #'s mayby they used a "/" between date and month?????

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
            X