Volkischer Beobachter -mechanical pencil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a Volkischer Beobachter -mechanical pencil I recently received from the NSDAP official newspaper. Thought some of you might like to see it. Michael
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Dear Michael,

Wow! What a beautiful writing instrument! As the proud owner of a number of Montblanc pens -- modern ones -- it is my favorite writing instrument and I covet this recent addition to your collection! Does this one have the traditional 'snowcap' on the lead release button? Given that the Montblanc firm is now over 100 years old and has always been the maker of top-quality writing instruments, this piece must have been given either as a gift to a distinguished visitor or supporter, or as an award for long and faithful service to the Völkischer Beobachter publishing firm, possibly by Alfred Rosenberg himself. In any event it is quite special. Did you receive any history or provenance with it? Many thanks for sharing this wonderful piece,

Br. James

Comment

Hello James, well thank you for that info. Yes it has the white cap. I got it from an antique pen dealer, but unfortunately he had no further information on it.
          Michael

Comment

My pleasure, Michael; this specialized mechanical pencil is a joy to see! It would make a fine addition to any collection, and especially of propaganda material. I'm sure it's found a good home!

Br. James

Comment

Great piece! I agree it must have been a pretty special gift to someone significant in the eyes of the VB management. Fantastic to find something like that and in nice condition. Congratulations!
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Hi,

a very interesting item!
                Would love to own it myself, very well done.

Best regards,

John.

Comment

Well thanks everyone. I just lucked into it. I will probably hang onto it a couple of years and then post it here first when I decide to sell it. That way it would go to more people that would really appreciate it. Michael

Comment

Does anyone know how to load this pencil? It is a bit different than others I have used and I do not want to force it in anyway. Thanks. Michael

Comment

I assume that it would unscrew from the writing tip end, but I have never owned a Montblanc mechanical pencil so I can't be certain. Given that your piece is more than 75 years old, it's possible that the lead refills are no longer available for that model... There is a Montblanc Customer Service website at which you can describe your pencil and submit a question; just Google "Montblanc" and you'll find it. Hope this is hlepful; best of luck!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                        I assume that it would unscrew from the writing tip end, but I have never owned a Montblanc mechanical pencil so I can't be certain. Given that your piece is more than 75 years old, it's possible that the lead refills are no longer available for that model... There is a Montblanc Customer Service website at which you can describe your pencil and submit a question; just Google "Montblanc" and you'll find it. Hope this is hlepful; best of luck!

Br. James
                        A very nice piece and excellent advice from Br. James.
                        Max.

Comment

Thanks alot for that tip ! Will do !
                          I do have some original correct size pencil leads too. M

Comment

You're welcome, Michael...do we assume then that the tip does not unscrew in order to accept new lead?

Again, best of luck,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X