Attached Files

Comment

wearing his 50 panzer badge
        Attached Files

Comment

citation for 50 Panzer badge
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much! I'll take a look in my collection...

Comment

Great award document! Nice to have your uncle's stuff.
              Jeff

Comment

Do you have all his paper work? If so can you show it to us?

Wonderfull that you can keep your uncles memories alive.

Angel
                Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Thanks guys, yes I have everything but it is in storage just now ,these photos are from my computer file ,I will see if I have anything else on disc.

I have written a book about him with David Garden ,it has everything in it and can be bought here.

http://www.amazon.com/Diaries-Soldie...4135470&sr=8-1

I am hoping Akira has some photos of him as he has some albums of a captain who was with 39th Pz regt. Even if he has no photo's of Eric I would also like to see any other pictures he might have of 39th Pz Regt.

Comment

Unfortunately no mention of Herrn Hager in two albums of his, but there is a group photo, so here it is.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thankyou Akira, do you have any photos of my uncles friend and commander of 39th Pz Wenrner Pietche ?

Photo attached
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kenny andrew View Post
                        Thanks guys, yes I have everything but it is in storage just now ,these photos are from my computer file ,I will see if I have anything else on disc.

I have written a book about him with David Garden ,it has everything in it and can be bought here.

http://www.amazon.com/Diaries-Soldie...4135470&sr=8-1

I am hoping Akira has some photos of him as he has some albums of a captain who was with 39th Pz regt. Even if he has no photo's of Eric I would also like to see any other pictures he might have of 39th Pz Regt.
                        I just recently bought this book, and I must say it is one of the most fun reads of any of the other Panzer books out there IMO. My eyes were truly glued to the pages! You did a wonderful job combining the Diary entries with the Photos you included to match the time frame of the entry!! Again, one of my favorite "memoir/biography" books ever! I highly recommend it to any Panzer-fans! Eric is a true hero, and Im glad you were able to keep his well- deserved memory alive!
                        P.S. - thanks for the photos of Eric posted here too

Comment

Thanks Bill,

I'm glad you enjoyed it, yes Erich was quite a character , it makes a change from all the doom and gloom books you read about the Eastern Front, Erich enjoyed his war and the ladies

Comment

Akira,

when you first posted your photo I did not notice the NCO in the very center back row standing behind the officer.This could be Erich ,certainly he has the same rank, is this 6th company panzer rgt 39? Do you have any more pictures of this man? I think it could be him

Comment

The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that it is him, not only that but is he not standing next to Werner Pietch ,the officer I posted above?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X