Hindenburg Souvenir Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hindenburg Souvenir Book

I just picked up a lot of WW2 aviation magazines at an estate sale and was surprised to find US Navy souvenir welcome book for the Hindenburg from the summer of 1936. It has lots of great info on it and also interesting that the text notes the PERFECT safety record airships had and the gas used in it was safe! there's also some nice advertising welcoming the zepelin. Has anybody ever seen one of these magazines or know the value?
    Attached Files

Lakehurst NJ
    Attached Files

Comment

text
      Attached Files

Comment

more
        Attached Files

Comment

next
          Attached Files

Comment

interesting!
            Attached Files

Comment

inside
              Attached Files

Comment

plans
                Attached Files

Comment

another
                  Attached Files

Comment

rear cover
                    Attached Files

Comment

Zepplin

Troy, Very cool item!! I myself just picked up this very cool book on the airships of the day, although this one is from 1931. Lots of very cool pictures. I don`t know what the value of your item is, however, I do know that any material on these airships, especially the Hindenburg, is very sought after!! I love this stuff!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I did a search and found a copy of my book just sold recently for $237.00

The info in it is priceless, they don't even mention Hitler and are totally pro airship as the way to fly across the ocean! Seeing the airframe without the skin really make you understand how big it was.

Comment

This is the 3rd and final volume to the cigarette card set of albums. This album was published just prior to the Hindenburg catastrophe and was not released to the general public. This is one of the few that reached private hands.

My example is complete with its original protective chipboard Schuber. When an example reaches the market it will easily bring 2000++ USD. Interestingly enough, there is an example of this title being offered with the Buy It Now option of eBay.de for nearly 2400 Euros.

Original publications covering the Zeppelins are a fascinating field to explore and collect. I love the examples posted by the members above.

Ramon
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by ramon; 08-23-2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X