CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo with unknown units. Police or Organisation Todt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo with unknown units. Police or Organisation Todt?

I got a very interesting photo. Need help identifying uniforms in it?

Pictures in more details:

The man on the far left is definitely from the Luftschutzpolizei (LSP) [= Air Raid Protection Police]. Not sure about the others; perhaps foreign air protection auxiliaries?

Comment

Thanks HPL2008! One man really from the Luftschutzpolizei.
      But what could be these other people?

Comment

A little bit more information. I got this photo from Poland. So maybe it could be polish volunteers for German army?

Some pictures with similar uniforms from the net:

Comment

Like I said, my gut feeling is that the group with the LSP man are some kind of foreign air raid protection auxiliaries.

The text on your bottom image means:
          "Ethnic Germans, who had been forced into military service by the Poles, march towards a better future under the Swastika flag.
          Center: Reunion with wife and children. A chance photograph of a Polish prisoner, who unexpectedly encountered his family during his transport away."

So, the men marching under the Swastika flag in those two photographs are Ethnic Germans of Polish nationality who had served as conscripts in the Polish army and were taken prisoner by the Wehrmacht during the Polish campaign. (Such men were quickly proceeded in the German POW camps and released again as soon as possible.) They are still wearing the Polish uniforms they wore when taken prisoner.

The armed men in the photo above are something different. Maybe armed local auxiliaries in German service or maybe even some kind of resistance group; I cannot tell.

Comment

The inscription on the last picture says clearly, that these men are ethnic Germans (from Poland) volunteered to Heer

Comment

Originally posted by gnadenlose View Post
              The inscription on the last picture says clearly, that these men are ethnic Germans (from Poland) volunteered to Heer
              Pardon my Deutsch

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X