Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poster LSSAH

Anyone have any info on this poster? Real/fake? Thanks. Scott

Looks like München in the background . . . and that is where the first 800 men (of the Sonderkommando Berlin) were titled with the term "Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler" . . . so that tidbit of information gives the poster some angle of historical credibility . . . but I can't say any more for it's authenticity - to me, based on my gut feeling alone, it does not seem genuine. No hard facts to discount it . . . just simple gut feeling - maybe someone else has something credible?

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
      Looks like München in the background . . . and that is where the first 800 men (of the Sonderkommando Berlin) were titled with the term "Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler" . . . so that tidbit of information gives the poster some angle of historical credibility . . . but I can't say any more for it's authenticity - to me, based on my gut feeling alone, it does not seem genuine. No hard facts to discount it . . . just simple gut feeling - maybe someone else has something credible?
      Thanks for this. Just a collector starting out, and you guys have so much info. Any thoughts are appreciated. Scott

Comment

bump

Comment

Hi,

pre-war posters are usually quite known, and i can't see this as a real one...

- why did they use the cathedral of Munich, when the SS was so called "anti-christian", and when they could have used the Feldernhalle instead (far more symbolic for the SS) ?

- i can't remember of a real pre-war / war poster showing an SS cuff title...

- the overall design of the poster is really suspicious, again i can't see which known author could have done this (crapy) one...

Again i think that this is a post-war US nazi poster.

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
            Hi,

pre-war posters are usually quite known, and i can't see this as a real one...

- why did they use the cathedral of Munich, when the SS was so called "anti-christian", and when they could have used the Feldernhalle instead (far more symbolic for the SS) ?

- i can't remember of a real pre-war / war poster showing an SS cuff title...

- the overall design of the poster is really suspicious, again i can't see which known author could have done this (crapy) one...

Again i think that this is a post-war US nazi poster.

See You

Vince
            Thanks. Just a bit bizarre because I've never seen another one like this, even a fake. You would think if it was produced post-war, that there would be a number of these. Anyone else have any idea?

Comment

For me it is a fantasy item. The use of the cufftitle and the so called LAH (which would be LSSAH if it was authentic) printers info are pretty obvious fantasy parts.

Some of the other sections could be taken from a real poster. There are quite a lot of these mix and match style fantasy posters around.

Some have small print runs, some big print runs and others are possibly one offs done as samples.

If you have already purchased it then either try and get your money back or if it didn't cost much then hang onto it. Sometimes these fantasy items become collectors items...........like Peichl (spelling?) repro honor rings.

Comment

Poster

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
                For me it is a fantasy item. The use of the cufftitle and the so called LAH (which would be LSSAH if it was authentic) printers info are pretty obvious fantasy parts.

Some of the other sections could be taken from a real poster. There are quite a lot of these mix and match style fantasy posters around.

Some have small print runs, some big print runs and others are possibly one offs done as samples.

If you have already purchased it then either try and get your money back or if it didn't cost much then hang onto it. Sometimes these fantasy items become collectors items...........like Peichl (spelling?) repro honor rings.
                I agree with you, Tony.

It's a cool poster, I like it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X