Portrait Picture with Jaeger/Jager Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portrait Picture with Jaeger/Jager Patch

I am very interested in seeing if anyone has a portrait picture of a serviceman wearing a Jaeger/Jager patch. I have seen dozens of Gebirgsjager portrait pics
    showing their Edelweiss patch but I have yet to see a similar type picture displaying a Jager patch.

I gather you haven't perused my thread on new photo pickups....all 759 pages of it. Have you done a search of WAF as I recall seeing a number of jaeger portraits posted in various threads.

Bill Petz

Originally posted by Lemm View Post
    I am very interested in seeing if anyone has a portrait picture of a serviceman wearing a Jaeger/Jager patch. I have seen dozens of Gebirgsjager portrait pics
    showing their Edelweiss patch but I have yet to see a similar type picture displaying a Jager patch.

Comment

Bill, I did put the words Jaeger and Jager in the search but got no hits. If you have such a portrait on file could you post it here please. No offence but I dont want to wade through 700 plus pages.

Comment

No offence taken and it is understandable but I also don't have the time to search through thousands of portraits to find those Jaeger Portraits as I don't have them sorted individually by Jaeger or Gebirgsjaeger....only under HEER.

I'm also not the only one who contributed some Jaeger portraits to my thread.

Sorry,

Bill

Originally posted by Lemm View Post
        Bill, I did put the words Jaeger and Jager in the search but got no hits. If you have such a portrait on file could you post it here please. No offence but I dont want to wade through 700 plus pages.

Comment

Phil, with long threads there's a useful 'search thread' function you can use which picks out all the posts within that one thread.

Assuming of course the poster actually captioned his photo ...
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

here is one
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Jacques.....appreciate it. Portraits such as this dont seem to be common. Perhaps due to the late introduction of the actual oak leaf patch. Certainly harder to find a portrait displaying the Jager patch than it is to find a Gebirgsjager portrait displaying the Edelweiss patch.
              Again many thanks.

Comment

Thanks Simon for the advice which I was not aware of. Tried it but no luck.

Comment

Phil, here are two from elsewhere on the WAF. Jacques
                  Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks to Jacques and Mousey. I have been searching high and low for a simple photo displaying such a patch but with no luck. I was beginning to think such a picture was an extinct species but obviously not. I will just have to continue my search. Thanks fella's

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X