Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a Lutze-dated photo

Dear friends,

For a number of years I have had an autographed and dated studio photograph of Viktor Lutze in my collection; this photo bears his hand-written date of "5.8.1937." I have always assumed that this photo was simply autographed by the Stabschef on that date and gave it no further significance. But today I happened to see another, identical, copy of that same studio photo, also bearing Lutze's signature and that same date. So now I am wondering whether that date may have been something more than just another day, and any help anyone might offer me as to any significance that date had in either SA, NSDAP, Third Reich or any other context would be most welcome! Many thanks in advance for your thoughts and assistance.

Br. James

Is this the image you reference?

http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/images/088p4-1.jpg

Comment

Yes, Ramon, that's the one I saw that called my attention to the example I have had for a number of years. Dated the same as the piece offered by Oakleaf Militaria.

I realize that this could well be just a coincidence, that Lutze found the time to sit down and sign a stack of photos in response to various requests, and dated them all the same. There may be others out there also with the August 5, 1937 date... But then again, just perhaps that date was significant and I don't recognize it?! Any light that anyone can shine upon this question will be most appreciated.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X