Adolf Eichmann handwriting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf Eichmann handwriting

Here is an example of the handwriting of Adolf Eichmann. The words were written by Eichmann during his trial in Jerusalem and are notes for his lawyer Robert Servatius. This slip of paper comes from the files of Servatius. (The pencil notations have been added subsequently.) In it, Eichmann mentions Heydrich and Hitler, but I am having major problems reading and understanding his handwriting. Can anyone help please?
    Thanks,
    Max.
    Attached Files

Looks like Ribbentrop's name is also in there, but help with reading would be appreciated.
    Max.

Comment

Surely somebody can read his writing?

Comment

something about Ribbentrop on 2nd line and Goering third line

Comment

I missed Goering, but you might be right.
          Anyway, help with reading is appreciated. It's not often one sees Eichmann's own handwriting, so any help would be appreciated.
          Max.

Comment

I can't help with a translation either, but it looks like "Amann" appears on the fifth line. Most interesting...

Br. James

Comment

There is a Post your translation thread...maybe you should have placed it there for a better opportunity to have it translated.

Comment

I can make out no more than what has previously been stated here, but will say this is indeed an intriguing and historical piece....if possible, more about its origin / background would be appreciated...

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                  There is a Post your translation thread...maybe you should have placed it there for a better opportunity to have it translated.
                  I didn't post it there for one very good reason.......I need some to help read his handwriting, not translate it!
                  Regards,
                  Max.

Comment

I'll give it a go but there's some words I can't decipher. I'll enclose uncertain words in square brackets. Hopefully others can build upon my first attempt.

"Siehe [Drk.] 93 ([folgt] siehe Fahne)
                    [regt] ??ller [maybe "Müller?] an Ribbentrop auf S.5 (Mitte)
                    Heydrich erklärte, daß neu Auftrag [Goerings"] an ihn
                    auf Weisung Hitler erfolgt sei, da Hitler
                    an Stelle neu Auswand. die Evak. nach
                    dem Osten [crossed-out word] genehmigt habe."

The second last word in the second last line appears to be "Evak.", which I guess is an abbreviation of "Evakuierung" (evacuation), and it has a double underline to stress its importance. The fourth word on the same line is Auswand. (must be "Auswanderung" = expatriation).

I can read many types of old handwriting but this is just a case of sloppy "modern" writing.

Hope that helps.
                    Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
                      I'll give it a go but there's some words I can't decipher. I'll enclose uncertain words in square brackets. Hopefully others can build upon my first attempt.

"Siehe [Drk.] 93 ([folgt] siehe Fahne)
                      [regt] ??ller [maybe "Müller?] an Ribbentrop auf S.5 (Mitte)
                      Heydrich erklärte, daß neu Auftrag [Goerings"] an ihn
                      auf Weisung Hitler erfolgt sei, da Hitler
                      an Stelle neu Auswand. die Evak. nach
                      dem Osten [crossed-out word] genehmigt habe."

The second last word in the second last line appears to be "Evak.", which I guess is an abbreviation of "Evakuierung" (evacuation), and it has a double underline to stress its importance. The fourth word on the same line is Auswand. (must be "Auswanderung" = expatriation).

(I can read many types of old handwriting but this is just a case of sloppy "modern" writing.

Hope that helps.
                      Jason
                      Jason,
                      Thank you; that is exactly what I am looking for. I agree that his handwriting is extremely poor, but given the conditions, I'm not surprised!
                      I think this note might be referring to Göring's instruction to Heydrich and the subsequent Wannsee Conference.
                      Could the word you think is [regt] Müller, be "sagt Müller" or similar? I think you are right with Müller in any case.
                      I'll post it again here so we don't have to keep scrolling up.)
                      Max.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                        J
                        Could the word you think is [regt] Müller, be "sagt Müller" or similar?
                        The second letter looks like an "a"... first letter I'm not certain about but it could be an "s" and "sagt" fits within the sentence structure.

Jason

Comment

Any more suggestions please?
                          Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X