Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I./ JG7 RK Pilot

Greetings,

Does anybody have an idea who this pilot of JG7 might be? The only pilot with the rank of Feldwebel and with the RK was Wilhelm Buchner, but his awards are different. Input appreciated!

JWL B.

ps photo is taken in January 1945 and according to the caption it is the I. gruppe.
    Attached Files

His rank is oberfeldwebel and if it's JG7 and january 45, he could well have come from another unit. Quite a few experten were transferred to JG 7 towards the end, Ehrler, Schuck and Weissenberger all from JG 5 for example.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Well its a few to chose from . Heinz Gossow , Helmut Ruffler , Klaus Neumann. There is a pic on Gossow at Das-ritterkreuz.de but i dont know hope it helps.

Comment

Many Thanks gentlemen. The list of men decorated with the RK ánd Cholm/Narvik shield that served in JG7 can't be long...

further input appreciated!

Comment

I think it is Helmut Ruffler.

John

Comment

http://www.luftwaffe.cz/ruffler.html

Comment

yes you are correct H. Ruffler. Ruffler was one of many that transferred into JG 7 late war and never flew on jet operations but were at most a strong cadre of pilots almost as if on standby. Several have told me as they came from the piston engine Jagdgeschwader moving into this jet unit saved their lives.

best

E ~

Comment

Personally I think it looks more like Klaus Neumann

Comment

JWL,

I have a rather large and heavy book on JG7 at home...I will check it after work tonight.

Got the pics yesterday. Did my letter arrive?

Bill

Comment

It did, many thanks! Please let me know if you find any more info about this pilot. I purchased the book of Robert Forsyth some days ago and altough it is an interesting book I couldn't find any more information about this man. Also the list of RK wearers offers no awnsers.

thanks again,

jwl b.

Comment

Greetings H. Rufflers LW entrance was in early 1940 with JG 3 enough to earn him the sleeve shield, K. Neumann did not start ops until 1943. the foto showing the pilot with hair style and wider face features are consistent with Herr Ruffler.

neither pilot flew ops in JG 7 as I mentioned earlier. though Klaus received extensive training with JG 7's start in December 1944 he transferred or should say was taken out by Gallands order into JV 44 where Klaus was given credit for 5 victories.

back to the mysterious foto : look on page 190 of Ernst Obermaiers Die RK der LW 1939-1945 showing H. Rufflers foto; seems to me a perfect match even the uniform details.

W. Petz the large heavy book do you mean R. F's JV 44 ? Manfred Boehme's JG 7 book published both in German originally and then in English is a must have though still loses some details in the spring of 45 when the jet unit took on the Soviets. Robert F's softbound book on JG 7 is brief but has fotos that Boehme's tome does not.
                      Last edited by Hirschstein; 08-05-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

My mistake the book is JV44 and it has a few photos of Obfw K. Neumann with no resemblence to the photo JWL posted. So I believe the photo image could very well be of Obfw. H. Ruffler.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X