Boxer/dog photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxer/dog photo

I was wondering if anyone has a photo of a Boxer from back in the day.I`ve heard they were used but have not been able to find a picture of one.Be great if somebody could post 1 for me.See my avatar as to why.

Not sure they used boxers....but here is where you might sift through to find out. A while back they did a documenatry on dogs used in the pacific, by the marines i believe...good luck ....http://www.uswardogs.org/id24.html be sure to check all the sections, and you can always write them. I had one once...didn't like the mailman or the garbadge man. Some of the ww2 dogs are listed on part ll...but no listings of dog type.
    Last edited by juoneen; 08-02-2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Havent figured out if this is a Boxer or PitBull with the luftwaffe man, but either way...probly just a pet Im assuming. I also have been looking for Pitbull pics, as I own a PitMatian (Pitbull/Dalmatian), so I can relate to your interest.
      Juoneen's right, the Marines in the Pacific had some great dogs. Actually, families even donated there Shepherds to the Marines to train. Many were brought to the Pacific. If the dog survived the war, they would be returned to the family if wanted. It was hard for the soldiers to give back the dogs after what they had been through together. Great article on it in WWII Magazine
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 12thPanzer; 08-02-2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by garyv View Post
        I was wondering if anyone has a photo of a Boxer from back in the day.I`ve heard they were used but have not been able to find a picture of one.Be great if somebody could post 1 for me.See my avatar as to why.
        Is this dog a boxer?

Cheers,
        Larry
        Attached Files

Comment

I think this last picture is a Boxer.As a former owner of Boxers I too would like to see pics.John

Comment

No such thing as a 'pitbull' back in the war years but boxes would be common as it was the first of the German 'Designer' Dogs.

An all round good farm dog, Hunting, Ratting, livestock and guard, so in an army that was 80% horse drawn you would expect to see them.

Comment

The first photo isn`t a boxer.Maybe a cross between 1 and something else,body shape is similiar but ears are totally different.Clipped or not.The second photo is a boxer without a doubt.What a great photo,you guys see the pipe hanging out of his mouth!!!!!Thanks for showing it Larry.If ya ever decide to part with it please keep me in mind.Could be the 1 TR thing the old lady doesn`t B%&^&$% about.

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
                Is this dog a boxer?

Cheers,
                Larry
                Definetly not. I think it's a pitbull or staffordshire terrier
                bye
                imi

Comment

Surely there must be others.

Comment

Btt

Comment

Anymore out there???

Comment

Finally got myself one. What do you guys think,any idea who the pilot might be.

Comment

The WWI photo is a boxer but the other 2 are not (IMHO). It's tough to find Boxer's in

WWII. They were used quite extensively in WWI at the front but by the time of WWII

they could train 2 Shepherds for every Boxer.

A great read is " My life with Boxers" by Friederun von Miram Stockmann.

She is the one that is responsible for the Boxer breed.
                          __________________________________________________ ____
                          Cheers Steve
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by SJP; 04-29-2012, 01:50 PM.

Comment

mY BOXER bRADLEY AND i WERE A THERAPY DOG TEAM..WE DID 3 YEARS OF VISITS WITH HOSPICE, hEART OF tEXAS tHERAPY DOGS, AND CHURCH MEMBERS IN HOMES. hE DIED 2DEC AT 7 YEARS OF CA.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X