Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting photo...

Hello friends,
    I want to show this interesting photo, arrived today on my desk.
    A LW FD member with camo smock and edelweiss in his cap.
    I hope will be an interesting argoument of study for all LW FD lovers
    Attached Files

Have you scanned the emblem in hi-res just to confirm it is an edelweiss and not for example a jäger oakleaf cluster?

By LW FD that includes non divisional sized LW ground units like LW feld Regiment 503 which served under the XIX Gebirgs korps on the murmansk front and would be a prime candidate here
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
      Have you scanned the emblem in hi-res just to confirm it is an edelweiss and not for example a jäger oakleaf cluster?

By LW FD that includes non divisional sized LW ground units like LW feld Regiment 503 which served under the XIX Gebirgs korps on the murmansk front and would be a prime candidate here
      Hi Simon, and thanks for informations.
      Here a High resolution spot of the cap
      Attached Files

Comment

Maybe you are right Simon...I don't think is a Edelweiss...
        Attached Files

Comment

I dunno? Maybe Jager Oak leaf/acorns cluster insignia like Simon said. Maybe the variant cluster with the 2 acorns instead of one?? Great photo!

Comment

i agree, looks like jäger oakleaves...which is even more surprising.

Anyone with any ideas as to unit?

Or is it a LW guy being a bit naughty and illegally wearing the oakleaves just because his unit had the word 'jäger' in it??
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Maybe some LW-Jg.zbV-Regiment?
              I clearly remember members of such units fighting partisans in Italy and wearing some unID badges on the side of the fieldcaps, at least in one case very likely a Jg. oakleaves.

Comment

Judging by the background I would bet he is in Russia. He is not in the west for sure.

Comment

It does look like the Wolchow, in the summer. But still then it could be anywere.

Comment

That,s not a camo smock either, but the camo front button tunic. When did they come out? 44? Anyway it is late wartime. I agree that it is the Jager device.

Comment

Originally posted by BILL View Post
                      That,s not a camo smock either, but the camo front button tunic. When did they come out? 44? Anyway it is late wartime. I agree that it is the Jager device.
                      Could the tunic be field made variety using Zelt material, I don't see any chest pockets? or is it perhaps a Splinter Camouflage smock? I for sure see Oakleaves on the cap side!
                      Great photo Marco!
                      Last edited by WEISNER; 08-02-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X