Knights Cross Award Document without Hitler signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knights Cross Award Document without Hitler signature

What is the story behind a Knights Cross award document that was issued without a Hitler signature? Was this done very often?

I assume one with a signature would be worth more than one without, any guess at the difference it would make in the prices?

Also depends to whom it was awarded to and the awarded date on the document.

Comment

One more: the condition of the document.

Comment

Are you talking of the preliminary award document?
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks Chen, yes, I do realize that there are many factors that determine the price of a Knights Cross award doument. Condition, who it was issued to, the branch of service, etc. all have an effect.

Simon I am talking about the actual document, and with it's mappe. I recently saw one without the signature and the owner implied that this was not uncommon, so I wanted to find out if that is true, and if so why.

I assume there really is no way to state a current average price for the document & mappe "with" signature, and also "without" signature.
          Last edited by WWIIBuff; 07-23-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

KC documents were produced from 39 to 42 and stopped. During this period, there are around 2000+persons entitled to KC. But app.800 KC documents were produced and app. 500 still survived today.
            Personally I have seen more with signature( Hitler personally signed type and artist/autopen/fascimile type) than non signed type. Hitler may have no time to sign is one of the reasons.
            Of course if the document has Hitler's original signature will cost more than fascimile type. But even more important is to whom it was awarded to. Condition also plays a part.
            Lastly, KC document has been faked. I think they will adopt more to use fascimile type unless the faker can hand signed Hitler's signature well.

Comment

Thanks Chen. So there definately were some that were not signed. I wonder if the unsigned ones were lowers ranks that Hitler did not have time for? The one I saw that was unsigned was for a Lieutenant.

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
                Thanks Chen. So there definately were some that were not signed. I wonder if the unsigned ones were lowers ranks that Hitler did not have time for? The one I saw that was unsigned was for a Lieutenant.
                Has nothing to do with the rank or the grade of the KC-award, even Michael Wittmanns doc for the swords lacks the signature.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X