Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U boat badge award paper

Hello,
    I just got this paper. I should have checked it before I bought it, but hopefully it is original.

Can someone help me with that?

Best regards,
    Frank
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

The Document is a forgery.

See Here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=507516

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

As mentioned, it is a poor fake. The only officer to hold the position of Führer der Unterseeboote West was Kapitän zur See Hans Rudolf Rösing (Jul 1942 to May 1945) and his signature is usually found as a stamped variant on these documents. And as you can see the signature should be above the rank and command position, not below it as seen in the faked one. And the stamp is wrong as well.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Frank,

I agree that this document is bad.
          The misprint of the Iron Cross motif, the signature, and the eagle ink stamp are all bad signs.

F.d.U. (West) was Kapiän Zur See Hans Rudolf Rösing and that would be the signature that needs to be on this document. The signature on this document is not his.

The eagle ink stamp is bogus too. This stamp is for a Commanding Admiral of the North Sea Naval Station when it should be a stamp for Führer der Unterseeboote West.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

U-boat Document

Hello,
            I agree the document is no good and an older fake at that. The smeared Iron Cross is one of the 1st of several indications.

Sorry,
            Jody

Comment

not original. I have seen the smudged EK on other fake documents. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Hello,
                Thanks all for your help. What a shame that it's a fake. I did manage to return it, because the seller didn't know that it was a replica.

Best regards,
                Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X