Very nice original WW2 color slide of Panzer 4 in Holland 1940

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice original WW2 color slide of Panzer 4 in Holland 1940

I just had time today to scan this from my collection today.

This is one of my absolute favourite photos (color slides) in my complete 22,000 collection.
    A very rare original and private german color photo slide of a very early version Panzer 4 with aqua equipment in Holland 1940.
    There are a good few black and white photos of this but color....... ? im not so sure... I think time life has one or two from the Hugo Jaeger color slide collection ?

Enjoy and any observations are warmly welcome.
    Ian

www.pixpast.com
    Attached Files

Very nice
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Wow,that's a nice picture!

Comment

i know. i love it so much.
        there are very few photos that really go WOWW for me.
        Seeing the camo on the back and all the details of the panzer with its trailer is brilliant.

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian,

thank You very much for posting this excellent pic.
          But why do You think it is in Holland 1940. I think it could be before or at the beginning of the operation "Barbarossa", because such trailers were used at the beginning of the invasion of Russia.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Fantastic photo! Interesting to see how clean and shiny the Dunkelgrau paint really was. Judging from the features visible it is an Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. E.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers,

Leo

Comment

Indeed a very nice pic.

Doesn't look like an MG 34. Could it be water-wading equipment that were initially developed for Unternahmen Seelöwe for the invasion of England? With the Luftwaffe's loss in the Battle of Britain, that was shelved.

Cheers
              Elwyn

Comment

very cool information guys.
                i havent seent too many photo with this equipment.
                Did the germans have panzer 4s ready for the invasion of England ?

Best wishes.
                Ian

Comment

I doubt it is a Tauchpanzer IV, it lacks the features such as modified exhaust, extended base for sealing turret rotation and the watertight seal frame welded to the turret front plate (we see the edge of the turret front plate, it's nothing there). I think it is a mg34 on the early AA mount we see on the commanders cupola. The mg has a canvas protection at the muzzle, the cocking handle is visible on the right side and the feeder cover can be seen.

Those fuel trailers can be seen towed by both Tauchpanzers and regular tanks.

Kind regards,

Leo

Comment

what could the rubber sheets from the turret down be ?
                    Ian

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                      what could the rubber sheets from the turret down be ?
                      Ian
                      If you mean the 'turret hatch' (down) I think it is just a 'great-coat' and not rubber at all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X