Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PASSAGE OF the POLAR CIRCLE OF U-703

GOOD EVENING IN ALL

Here is the diplome or the urkunde of the passage of the polar circle of U-703 by WILLI BECKER (holder of the U-boat Badge, EK.II. EK.I. U-bootfrontspange (in Silver)) and signs by commander(major) Bielfeld

The history of U-703 and long commissione in October, 1941 and has the training operationel has Danzig in October, 41 and has st nazaire U-703 has makes 37 patrols and pours new boats

In August, 1943 U-703 has a mission secrete etablir a meteo station automatic in Novaya Zemlya of or its passage by the polar circle

Meteorological information is crucial in the planning of operations in the Atlantic Ocean. On their last patrol U-703 was in charge of going on the coast(rib) is from Greenland, WFS-133 ERNST and in AUGUST WFS-132. The meteorological Supervisor(Guard) Adolf Ernst was on board to watch this aspect of the patrol.
    However after the departure, we no more had any piece of news(short story) of U-703. 54 men(people) were killed in him(it) u6boot. We still know nothing more cause of the loss of U-703.

This isn't the normal crossing of the polar circle urkunde (the polar circle being at 66 33' ) but something far rarer and IMO interesting, i guess this records the northernmost point the U-703 reached.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Outstanding document

Comment

I like it!
        Jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X