W-ss m.g. Trainees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W-ss m.g. Trainees

3 fotos of the same men from 2 sequences of m.g. 34 trainees and their senior. All are deckled edge, one marked 'velox' the other 2 unmarked.

Note the pic of the corporal in light colored open-collared tunic. The lower pockets are the early slash type - modified (right?) with exterior 'bellows.' interesting; anyone familiar with this type? Ios this a variatiom drill jacket for instructors?

Also note the corporal doesn't have his sleeve eagle yet, nor his trainees their collar tabs on their drill jackets. In the second shot this is remedied in both cases! They look more soldierly now for sure, tho the corporal is still a corporal and still has his clipped-point sh. Straps.

But these tunics (like the early nco drill tunic) lack pleats. So.... Maybe lat ''42-43 time period?

As well, the two 'kneelers' have what looks like a belt linker for their mg34. Is that what it is?

Anyhow enjoy and comments welcome.
    Attached Files

I can see a small light area mid-strap on the rottenfuehrer - maybe an lah cypher??
    Attached Files

Comment

Last.

(ALSO NO W'FARBE ON CAP. DID HE CONTINUE WEARING THE CLIPPED-POINT STRAPS WELL INTO THE WAR? SEEMS SO.)
      Attached Files

Comment

Finally note the assortment of drill tunics and pants. Some l ight pants, dark tunics, others the reverse; and in last pic some in all-white...

Comment

113 views, no reax. why?

Comment

Why do you think this would be a MG section or MG-Schützes in training? Looks like normal infantry squad to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aktivisti View Post
              Why do you think this would be a MG section or MG-Schützes in training? Looks like normal infantry squad to me.

pure speculation; thanks for the correction. anyone else?

Comment

Not a " belt-linker " , but a carrying frame with two 50-round drum magazines - belt being held out ( Gurttrommelträger 34 ) . Nice pictures ..

Comment

These pictures do conjour up thoughts of training like any army.

The nco is decorated with what looks like the EK2 or maybe Ost medal.

What year were the decals ordered removed from helmets?

(I think you have had few comments because you've summed up the photos yourself).

Regards,
                  Chris.

Comment

thanks much, gentlemen.

Comment

Great fotos! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Much obliged, ,maxmin.

Comment

nice photos! Also agree with training. And they sure do look alot more "soldierly" in the second group photo after they've earned there eagles! lol

Comment

Very cool photos..wonder how many perished on the eastern front?

Comment

I should have also refrained myself from commenting. This "gentleman" was apparently only fishing customers to his e-bay auction of these pictures

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X