6. Standarte SS-Totenkopf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6. Standarte SS-Totenkopf

Hello guys. I'm totally green in regards of photos. But would like to hear your opinions on these. I passed on them, did not give me an good feeling. It supposed to be taken in Sandefjord Norway and being rejected "test-photos". Seller were from Sandefjord and a postcard collector. All the men are from 6. Standarte Totenkopf that were stationed in Sandefjord in 1940ish. So the the story fits. But I don't buy stories, I buy the objects. Some are printed on Agfa and some are the ordinary postcard-type.

So what do you guys say? (There were plenty more than these photos).

Last edited by Christian J; 06-23-2011, 04:01 PM.

Only pictures of the backs available. These are from the postcard sized ones. Some were supposedly clean and others showed minor soiling (not as rough as these). I might get some additional pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey
      I'm always dubious of SS portraits. A scan of the backs would defintley help if you have one from the seller.

the pictures look fuzzy, but this may be down to the sellers photo of them.
      Seems some are a bit fuzzy, but most of them is nice and clear. No one else got any opinions?

Comment

As well Postcards would not have scratches or darkroom mistakes on them.

They do look 'Muddy' which is a sure sign of a 'copy of a copy'

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X