X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rommel signed Award Document

Hello. I've just ran into this Rommel signed award document:

http://beck-militaria.de/index.php?a...in+Libyen.html

Perhaps someone might be interested. I've sold an EKII Rommel signed award document for almost the same price about a year ago at the WAF and could have sold it 10 times according to all the PMs I have received.

Regards

I'm no expert on Rommel signatures, but some of the other stuff on the site looks questionable, and a few are described as "original signature" when they are clearly stamped. Better pics would probably be a good idea.

best
    hank

EDIT: Example: http://beck-militaria.de/index.php?a...+Manstein.html

I'm not sure von Manstein hand-signed Krimschild docs for Gefreiten....
    Last edited by Hank Cummings; 06-22-2011, 08:17 PM. Reason: more info
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

My first thoughts are to steer clear as I'm surprised to see Rommel awarding a GAB. However, several things are correct about this document and the signature looks pretty reasonable. III Batallion was in Afrika at the time and Panzerarmee Afrika had just come into existance. There was also quite a bit of fighting going on in Gazala with Rommel's second offensive at the time.

I'm not sure if Rommel signed these types of awards, especially during offensives. Perhaps the document is backdated but I would expect that more from a bravery award. This is an interesting document, nonetheless. I'm a bit skeptical but not ready to rule it out.

Comment

One thing in its favour is that its a crap siganture in terms of quality. Would a forger not just say @#$#%$ and start over. On the other hand maybe not if he only had one original or good quality blank document to play with.

Colin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X