GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo lot from Cassino front (Warning, some cruel images)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. Some excellent pictures there and very moving.

Comment

Thanks for showing these.

Some strong images indeed.

Have you a recent photo you can share of what is left of the monastary/area?

Regards,
      Chris.

Comment

Marco,

Great and seldom seen photos of the Military and civilian population who endured the dangers, hardships, death, destruction during and after the battle for Monte Cassino. Thanks for sharing them.

"Have you a recent photo you can share of what is left of the monastary/area?"

Chris as Marco will probably tell you the Monastry and town was rebuilt after the war...the painstaking reconstruction makes you wonder whether they were totally destroyed during the bombing and the battles.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
          Marco,

Great and seldom seen photos of the Military and civilian population who endured the dangers, hardships, death, destruction during and after the battle for Monte Cassino. Thanks for sharing them.

"Have you a recent photo you can share of what is left of the monastary/area?"

Chris as Marco will probably tell you the Monastry and town was rebuilt after the war...the painstaking reconstruction makes you wonder whether they were totally destroyed during the bombing and the battles.

Bill
          Bill and friends, Thanks for having really understood the suffering of my people.

Chrischa: if you want, you can check what is today this area of this page of my website : http://digilander.libero.it/historia_militaria/BATOUR.htm

Comment

As a father of 3 yo, it's almost unbearable for me to see children suffering. What a tragedy the war is! Still, I find these pictures to be great documents.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Outstanding photo group. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

The first photo in "#13" Of the Italian woman holding the GI's hand is a really powerful and moving Image. Look at her eyes and you will see what I am talking about. Thanks Marco

Comment

Hello Marco.

Thanks for the link, a great site.

Best regards,
                    Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                      is it rare to see british and german dead lying side by side?

Comment

Powerfull stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great photos, thnks for showing them.

Comment

Marco, I have seen an 'inside the doorway' shot of the pic you mention and it was captioned that each man was trying to enter the doorway at two different times and were shot dead by the occupants..each side had occupied the house several times..the third body to the right ( partially covered by poncho) is of a black colonial soldier.

The children in Posts #15 ( pic #1) and #25 ( pic #1) both appear to be wearing German tunics.
                            Last edited by Doug Kenwright; 06-23-2011, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Marco,
                              Sad and fantastic photos.
                              What you can see how much had to suffer the civil people.
                              Thanks for the show

Comment

Amazing after the battle pictures thanks for sharing.

Rene Chavez
                                www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X