EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitler Government Calling Card Real Autographed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Government Calling Card Real Autographed?

hello i have this adolf hitler government calling card. it is on cream colored heavy stock paper. the german emblem on left side is embossed. the autograph appears real. but i have also heard they were pre-printed, or auto penned onto the cards. does anyone have any idea if the signature looks real? i have looked up close with a lupe/magnifier and i do not see any dot matrix. but i know with auto-pen it is almost impossible to see.
    lastly, any idea on value of the card? it has a slight crease on the top right corner area.
    thanks!
    Attached Files

From the images provided, this appears to be a made up card. The embossed eagle and swastika was used on Hitler's personal correspondence and it is possible that a genuine correspondence card has been cut down for this purpose. You can see examples of genuine Hitler correspondence at http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...correspondence
    Hitler never had a calling card which resembled this example. Almost without exception, Hitler calling cards seen nowadays are fakes. The only thing which came anywhere close to your example was his personal card inserted in a clear plastic sleeve pocket on a funeral wreath sash, but they were ink signed by him and were usually plain. Your example is a printed signature.
    I think your example is a cut down original correspondence card (or possibly a good quality repro card) with a printed signature subsequently added.
    Max.
    Last edited by max history; 06-13-2011, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for bringing this item up for discussion. I must agree with Max on this one.

Best regards,

Br. James

Comment

hi guys, thanks for the responses.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X