Anyone Know what these photos are??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Know what these photos are??

Got these with some photos recently. I thought they were regular photos at first until I looked on the reverse. They have "Sowjet Union" with a caption on the reverse. The makers are P.K. Meyer and P.K. Hermann.
    They have a glossy front. They dont glow under UV light and seem to be Period "photos/cards". They are 6x9cm like period photos too. they are not SammelWerk Cigarette Cards to the best of my knowledge, but I dunno. Any Ideas?? Thanks!
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

russian
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill! This is a kind of commercial set of PK photos that was available for sale as a souvenir over the Third Reich. I have a similar set (but 100% complete) named 'Die Gebirgstruppe in Osten' - there are 100 photos inside a box. Sometimes I encounter images from this set in period photo albums mixed with private taken photos.

Photo #1 - a box sized like a small book.

Last edited by photo-war; 06-12-2011, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Photo #2. There are two compartments inside the box with 50+50 photos .

Cheers,
          Alexander

Comment

And the photo from this set. Every image has a number from 1 to 100. Surprisingly there are several captured Soviet photos in GJ set.

Regards,
            Alexander

Comment

Oh wow, thanks alot Alexander! I really appreciate you taking the time to explain and show your set! I figured they were part of set, but I didnt see any numbers on them, so I wasnt sure. Very neat box your group comes in!! I like it. Yes, these must have been from an album, judging from the residue on the reverse. Are they more desireable than Sammelwerk cards?? (of course in complete set)
              Thanks again my friend

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X