Kriegsmarine Commander Signature? Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Commander Signature? Who?

Can anyone figure out who wrote and signed this dedication?

It is a Kriegsmarine Commander, who appears to have been based in Freiburg im Breisgau, which land locked in Southern Germany (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freiburg_im_Breisgau). The dedication was made to the man's Adjutant in a book and it is dated 25th March 1944, but who wrote this dedication?

Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

... and this is the book that contains the dedication. Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

Comment

I can not read all the text but I think to identify same words:

"...und Kommandeur der R.O.A. San(itäts) (?) Abteilung der Kriegsmarine Freiburg i. Br. ..."

Gerdan

Comment

unable to read the name, but this is readible:

?? und Kommandeur der ?? R.O.A. (Reserve Offizier Anwärter) Abteilung der Kriegsmarine ??

Comment

I think that the name looks like Schrader, but was ROA = Reserve Offiziers Anwaerter? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Just found this http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...38dd6a36413992

so, there was indeed a Sanitaets Reserve Offiziersanwaerter Abteilung der Kriegsmarine in Freiburg .... so, the man was commander of that unit in 1944 ... lets see what can be found from there. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

This is the 2 abteilung of the Marineärztliche Akademie, you're quite right about the name, it's Geschwaderarzt Dr. Hans-Frido Schrader. born 19.5.1907
              Prior to taking over this role he spent a short time commanding the Marine lazarett at Cherbourg (1940-41). March to august 1944 he was chief medical officer on the lazarettschiff 'Berlin' and from sept 44 to feb 45 the Monte Olivia. His final appointment was at Marinelazarett Marne.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

thank you very much Simon ... so his rank reads Geschwaderarzt. I simply could not figure that out from the handwriting ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X