Hitler speaks at SS dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler speaks at SS dinner

Here is a recent estand buy. It's not the rarest photo in the world by any means, but I thought it was a great shot.
    Attached Files

I certainly agree! I've not seen it before; is it a genuine photo or a post card? Any time period or venue?

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      I certainly agree! I've not seen it before; is it a genuine photo or a post card? Any time period or venue?

Br. James
      It's probably Christmas 1939, during which Hitler dined with the LAH. A check of Lehmann's LAH I shows that the precise date was December 23, at a spa at Bad Ems. Hitler arrived at 16:00 hours, after previously visiting Infaterie Regiment Grossdeutschland. In these photos here, he is probabaly making the speech mentioned in the book. He told the men of his bodyguard, "As long as I have the honor to stand at the spearhead of this battle, it is for you, the men of my Leibstandarte, an honor to be the spearhead of this battle."

I've seen photos of this even in various books. Hitler dined at a table with LAH commander Sepp Dietrich, and battalion commander Martin Kohlroser.

Comment

very interesting and nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post

Br. James
          Yes, it's an original shot.

Marc - you are absolutely spot on in your conclusion. This photo came from a larger lot, owned at one time by an LAH man. There were other photos which showed Dietrich too. Thanks for the background detail on where the shot was taken and the speech Hitler was likely making at the time. You've made an already great photo that much better.

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X