Help with eastern front medal cert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with eastern front medal cert

Hi Looking for a bit of help in getting any background information on the unit shown on this stamp on an Eastern Front medal certificate that I bought recently from E Stand (thanks Phil).

I am not sure of the what these abbreviations fully signify so would be very grateful for any info on this and any unit history.

I also have a Wound Badge in Black Certificate for the same person (Karl Seifert) from 4.Schtz.Rgt.101. Any Info on that would be fantstic as well.

I have tried some net searches but without a huge amount of success but am very new to this area.

Thanks for any help
    Attached Files

Harry

It doesnt look like anyone answered... SCHTZ is Abbreviation for Schütze which mean Rifleman...

Obviously the Rgt. means Regiment...

Thank you, Scott

Comment

German Military Abbreviations

I just found a pdf of german to english military abbreviations... let me know your email and I will send to you!

Thank you, Scott

Comment

Hello Harry,

Looks like two nice documents.

4.Schtz.Rgt.101 is the abbreviation for the 4th. Company of Schützen Regiment 101. This is the unit to which Oberschütze (Private First Class) Karl Seifert was assigned when he was wounded on 12. März 1942.

Here is some info on Schützen Regiment 101:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...er/SR101-R.htm

The East Medal document is signed by an Oberleutnant (First Lieutenant) and Company Leader of the 1st Genesungs Kompanie (convalescence company) of a Panzer-Jäger Ersatz Abteilung (anti-tank replacement battalion). This is the unit to which Karl Seifert is assigned at the time he receives his East Medal & document. He was obviously recovering from his wounds at this time and he was probably awarded the East Medal because of the wound he received on the Russian Front. (Getting wounded would waive the combat days and/or uninterrupted service time at the front requirements for the award of the East Medal.) The eagle ink stamp should match that of the signing authority.

Could you post complete pictures of each document? I'm curious if the East Medal document is back-dated to the same date as his wounding.

Best regards,
        Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X