Opinions on Himmler signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Himmler signature

I need some opinions on this Himmler signature. Is it good or bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll add some closer pictures.
    Thanks, Terry
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 39inf; 06-06-2011, 12:34 PM.

Himmler signature

More Pics
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 39inf; 06-06-2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Himmler Dedication to SS-Gruppenfuhrer in Book

I would really like to find out if this is an original Himmler signature or a complete phony one. Also if it is good what is the last name of the SS-gruppenfuhrer. The book is not in very good condition, the binding is loose. Has over 500 pages and appears to be about various German leaders through the years. Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks, Terry
      Attached Files

Comment

It's real.
        Max.

Comment

Himmler Signature

That's good to know. Thanks very much Max.

Comment

Very nice piece, and fairly late in the war.

Comment

Himmler Signature

Thanks for your comments. You are right, it is late in the war and the book could have been published for only a very short period of time before he presented it to the Gruppenfuhrer. I would appreciated more comments and input.
              Thanks,
              Terry

Comment

Looks like Himmler's handwriting and signature to me. I do not doubt it.

Comment

Hi Terry,

A great piece! Your book was given by Himmler to SS-Gruppenführer Paul Hennicke on the occasion of Winter Solstice 1944, a traditional festival. Hennicke was a WWI veteran and a Golden Party Badge holder (#36492); his SS number was 1332. Born on January 31, 1883, he was a retired Lt. General of Police, a Staatsrat and a Member of the Reichstag. Hope this info is helpful to you; it certainly makes the book come alive for me!

Br. James

Comment

Himmler signature

Thanks Kaiserwilhelm2, I really appreciate your opinion and a big thanks also to Br. James for providing details about the book and the Gruppenfuhrer.
                    It's great to have members who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X