Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Das Reich group

Hi,
    Would be greatful if I could get some respons about this group regarding ok or not. In case of ok, the sigs and maybe a translation of his wound story?

It would be nice if someone also could tell a little bit about the story around the docs.

Thanks in advance
    Göran
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

Wound story
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Goran, IMO those are all fakes.They look for starters to be artifically aged and go down hill from there.
        __________________________________________________ ____________
        Cheers Steve

Comment

I think that's just the contrast of the scans. Off the face of it the grouping looks good as far as style, abbreviations, construction etc. go. Does anyone have another Reitzenstein signature to compare with? I'm away from home just now so can't identify who commanded II./SS-pz.rgt.2 by late aug.44.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks Steve and Simon, I really appreciate your comments!

I add one more doc and front to the wound doc, don´t know if that is of no help...
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, it is and all of the grouping still looks good. The promotion doc is signed by Adolf Reeb another Das Reich RKT. The FP number is correct to the stabskompanie of II./SS-Pz.Rgt.2 as well.

By the way a silver panzerkampfabzeichen is correct in this case. Although he was a pionier he served with the panzer regiment and that meant the silver. Had he served with the pionier bataillon of the division then it would have been the bronze.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks a lot Simon!
                At first I was worried that it was just a faked group but now I feeling more convienced that it is ok.
                I add last doc, nothing more exciting than his POW-doc but still to the very same guy.
                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, i can't help feeling though that there should be at least an EKII in there if not more.

Hopefuly one of the DR experts knows who commanded II./SS-Pz.Rgt.2 in late aug.44.

Comment

Compare the silver WB stamp with the one seen in post 7 of this thread

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...s+reich+panzer

Comment

trans

The wound history is a description of the healing process with reoccurring problems with infection, drainage of the wound, bandage types/changes, an x-ray of the lungs, and finally his being fit again for duty. It's all in very matter-of-fact medical language and would not make for good conversation while eating. On the cert. of discharge it notes a scar on the right side of his back and the lung problem.

Comment

trans

The medical history notes shrapnel wounds and describes the on-going infection and treatments, changes and types of bandages, x-ray of the lungs and his finally being fit again for duty. All of it is in matter-of-fact medical language. On the cert. of discharge it also notes a scar on the right back and the lung problem which I assume corresponds to the med. history.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
                          Very nice, i can't help feeling though that there should be at least an EKII in there if not more.

Hopefuly one of the DR experts knows who commanded II./SS-Pz.Rgt.2 in late aug.44.
                          SS-Sturmbannfuehrer Dieter Kesten commanded II Abteilung Pz Rgt 2 "DR" from December 1943 until his death in April 1945.

Comment

There we go and that was the last brick in the puzzle, thanks. I see now that this WB doc has been seen here before, and a much better scan of it too.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=kesten

Comment

Thanks all for your expert opinions, really appreciated!

Ok, so these docs have been here before, can just say they now find their final destination, at least for quite a long time.

//Göran

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X