Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer KvK urkunde

Hello,

I would need your help to better understand this document: it is attributed to a Ogfr. in Pz Rgt 26 and it has been given in the GD Division headquarter: is it because of the fact that pz rgt 26 was figthing together with GD Division?
    Who is belonging to the signature? May be Oberst Lorenz?
    Thanks for your help

Gustavo
    Attached Files

The I Abteilung of Pz.Rgt 26 was placed under the command of GD at this time, which explains why the signature has been awarded by GD and it is indeed signed by Karl Lorenz. At the time of the citation they were fighting in the region of Lithuania & Latvia. I./Pz.Rgt 26 were assigned to GD in the early months of 1944 to cover for I./Pz.Rgt GD who were sent to France to train on Panthers. They were transferred to Hungary in November 1944 (I think).
    Just as a matter of interest, is there anything typed on the back of the citation?
    Last edited by hucks216; 06-02-2011, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
      The I Abteilung of Pz.Rgt 26 was placed under the command of GD at this time, which explains why the signature has been awarded by GD and it is indeed signed by Karl Lorenz. At the time of the citation they were fighting in the region of Lithuania & Latvia. I./Pz.Rgt 26 were assigned to GD in the early months of 1944 to cover for I./Pz.Rgt GD who were sent to France to train on Panthers. They were transferred to Hungary in November 1944 (I think).
      Just as a matter of interest, is there anything typed on the back of the citation?
      Hello hucks,

thank you very much for the informations, really very appreciated.
      If I am not wrong, Oberst Lorenz became the commander of PzGr Div GD on the 1st September 1944, the exact day Ogfr Zubrod got his award.
      Unfortunately nothing has been noticed on the reverse of the document.
      I post a picture of the soldier

Gustavo
      Attached Files

Comment

1st September is indeed the official day that Lorenz became GD commander. Nice portrait photo - are there anymore items in the set?

Comment

Yes, there are two east medal award papers (one is from the brother) and his insigna
          Here is his WiO paper
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X