Hitler & Goering signatures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler & Goering signatures?

Are these signatures Eagles : or Turkeys ?

Any opinions greatfully appreciated.
    Attached Files

Any opinions?

Apologies, but I don't seem to have the option to edit my previous post, so making a new one to add a slightly better image of the Goering signature.

Any opinions as to the validity of either the Goering and/or Hitler signatures?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

Any opinions on these please gents? (even if its a one word answer!)

Thanks.

Comment

The Hitler signature might be good; can you show the whole autographed photo? The Göring is still too indistinct to judge, even from your second photo. Can we see it even closer-up?

Br. James

Comment

Thanks very much Br James.

The Hitler one is from a Webpage, so rather indistinct. I have tried to get better scans of the Goering one, so thanks for your help.
          Attached Files

Comment

Second two
            Attached Files

Comment

nothing wrong with either to me

Comment

I'm liking the Göring better in close-up. The handwriting looks a bit hurried as compared with other Göring signatures; he usually took his time as he wrote his elegant signature. Is this a clipped autograph or part of a document?

Br. James

Comment

Its a clipped one on a scrap of paper, allegedly obtained while he was awaiting trial, although I treat that claim with a huge amount of suspicion and a very large pinch of salt!

Comment

The Göring signature is good. I would have no problem in believing this one's from the time while he was awaiting trial. Typical style from the Nürnberg process. The paper to appears the same as other Göring signatures i've seen from Nürnberg.

Not to sure of the Hitler one, i've always stepped very carefully around Hitler signed photos as most of them are crap. But this one looks promising.

Comment

Thank you all for the comments so far.

Perhaps my suspicion is misplaced reagarding the Göring one, given the three positive comments, especially the reassuring ones from Jon-Olav Holden regarding the paper.

Does anyone have any other opinions on the Hitler one please?

Thanks again.

Comment

I agree with Jon-Olav's observation about the paper; I have other Nuremberg prisoners' autographs on that same rough paper, and have seen yet others, as well.

Br. James

Comment

Hi Guys

Both signatures look very good to me. I have them both and they look very similar.

Ralljg52

Comment

The Göring looks nearer OK than not. The Hitler, on the other hand, I do not like at all.
                            Max.

Comment

Thanks for the additional comments & opinions folks, much appreciated.

Max, please can you tell me why you don't like the Hitler one? (just trying to educate myself on what to look for in a "good" one and what features should raise suspicion ).

Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X