EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opion on value of docs issued days before May 8, 1945 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opion on value of docs issued days before May 8, 1945 !

Dear fellow paper collectors!

I would be interested in hearing your opinion on the value of
    awards documents , replacement Soldbücher / Wehrpässe issued on the very last days of the war. Especially those for or bearing very rare and desirable award entries.

Can, in your opinion, documents issued on May 5, 6, 7 or even 8, 1945 still command the same prices as clear wartime docs issued in July 1943 e.g. or would they be of less value since the war was basically over..?

I very much appreciate your input!

I think it depends on a number of factors, not just the date. The unit and circumstances are probably a better indicator of desireability.

I would rather have an EK doc awarded for the fighting in Berlin in the last days of the war than something awarded during the mid-war defensive battles on the eastern front.

I would also rather have a doc that can be attributed to defending against the Dieppe raids in 1942 as compared to a flak unit member for defending against the the Western Allies in the final days of the war.

It seems that a lot of EKs were awarded in the last days as a final compliment - then again, desperate times called for desperate measures and many soldiers distinguished themselves when all hope seemed to be lost.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X