Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with rare KM portraits

Hi there guys,

I was wondering if you could help me identifying these for me unknown KM uniforms/organization/unit...

They wear the blue bordmutze with the proper insignia, but they seem to wear the land based units KM tunics with lack of insignia and shoulderboards... The belts are also unknown for me. Any idea? Thanks in advance,

Doc.

Last edited by Doc_panzerjager; 05-20-2011, 01:53 AM.

Comment

May be the writings on the back could help... They are french made portraits, in Lorient. (Could anyone help with the complete translation? ).

Comment

The other one,

Comment

Salut,
          The belt of the bust portrait looks very much like a OR/NCO French army one.
          Without the writting on the back I would have assumed that those guys were harbour security personel .

Comment

The text of the first card:

" Zum Andenken an Willi Lagenstein(?) - In treuer Kameradschaft, Lorient 20.4.41 - Berlin /

Neukölln" - In memory of Willi Lagenstein(?) - in faithful fellowship, Lorient 20.4.41 .....

Gerdan

Comment

The text on the 2nd card:

" In treuer Kameradschaft in Feindesland meinem Arbeitkamerad und Freund von Karl Schmitz

Köln a(m) Rh(ein)"

In true fellowship dedicated to my fellow - worker and friend Karl Schmitz, Köln am Rhein

Gerdan

Comment

Many thanks Sturmann and Gerdan,

So, could we asume these guys were civil workers of the Lorient base?

Comment

It's a typical uniform of German worker from Kriegsmarinewerft lorient !!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X