Military Medical Document Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Medical Document Group

Just surfaced from my collection this nice grouping of documents relating to a medic who went from being a medical orderly with the rank of Sanitaets-Gefreite with the 4. Garde-Regiment zu Fuss in WWI, to Chief Physician and Staff Medical Doctor in the Reserve Army during WWII.

I am not able to fully decipher document #3 below and would appreciate assistance from someone who can read the cursive of that time, please.

Hope you enjoy seeing these documents (which have been cropped for display here). All comments and feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,

John

1. Certification for Wound Badge (Black) dated 22.June.1918.
    2. Certification for EK2 dated 10.July.1918
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jwburchell; 05-16-2011, 12:52 PM.

3. Another document which I think relates to his EK2 award (?)
    4. Certificate for Hindenburg Cross/Ehrenkreuz fuer Frontkaempfer dated 9.January.1935
    Attached Files

Comment

5. SA Military Sports Achievement Book (with many qualification entries)
      Attached Files

Comment

6. Certificate for EK 1939 2nd Class Spange dated 24.June.1940
        7. Certificate for War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords dated 26.March.1942
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice grouping. The KvK citation is signed by Eduard Wagner who was involved in the plot to kill Hitler (he provided von Stauffenburg with his personal aircraft on that fateful day) and committed suicide on 23rd July 1944.

Comment

Nice grouping, thanks for sharing.

Jonathan

Comment

You're most welcome "hucks216" and Jonathan. I appreciate your feedback.

Any chance that the signature on this man's Spange document might be identified?

John

Comment

# 2

The document of the "Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer" is signed by " Wolfgang Prinz von

Hessen "

Gerdan

Comment

The EK Spange citation is signed by Friedrich-Wilhelm von Chappuis who won the Knights Cross in August 1940 and committed suicide in August 1942.

Comment

Wow! Some rather interesting signatures turning-up here. Thanks again for your feedback guys!

Comment

Originally posted by jwburchell View Post
                      I am not able to fully decipher document #3 below and would appreciate assistance from someone who can read the cursive of that time, please.
                      I'll give it a go.

Vorläufiges Besitzzeugnis
                      den San.Uffz. Lampert, früher 5. Komp. 4. Garde Regiment zu Fuß, ist laut Schreiben vom 26.7.18 L.Nr. 9238 am 22.VII.18 das Eiserne Kreuz II.Kl. verliehen worden.
                      das militärische Mitglied d.Laz.Kom.

All the best,
                      Jason

Comment

...and a very credible "go" it appears to be. Many thanks, Jason. I read German and figured that note had something to do with the award of his EK2, but as I always have great difficulty with that older form of cursive I was not certain. Amazing how relatively easy it is to read once one knows what it says!

Cheers, mate!

John

Comment

# 11

just to add: the signature on doc # 3 is "Primarius Müller". Primarius is a medic's rank.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X