Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adolf Hitler signature, opinions wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf Hitler signature, opinions wanted!

Hi guys!

What is your opinion about this Hitler signature, facsimile or original signature?
    Attached Files

Original, signed in hand by Adolf Hitler. Nice !

Comment

Can you tell us on what kind of certificate did you find the signature? Can you show us the whole certifcate?

Comment

Promotion document to an Oberst 1936.

Comment

anyone else?

Comment

It's 100% authentic.
            Max.

Comment

How can you tell that it is not an auto-pen? Is it just the location of the signature... signing over the raised part of the paper... the flow of the ink... light & dark... year signed... all of the above? From first glance, it just looks like a auto-pen... but you guys have much more experience at signatures than I do. Just a question... trying to learn...

Comment

Several reasons, but here are some. The ink deposits vary indicating hand pressure variation not present in autopen signatures. Autopen signatures have an appearance of being "drawn;" this does not. As far as is known, Hitler's main preferred alternative to handwriting his signature was the printed versions. This is definitely not printed.
                Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                  Several reasons, but here are some. The ink deposits vary indicating hand pressure variation not present in autopen signatures. Autopen signatures have an appearance of being "drawn;" this does not. As far as is known, Hitler's main preferred alternative to handwriting his signature was the printed versions. This is definitely not printed.
                  Max.
                  Thanks Max I appreciate the education.

Comment

I was told once by someone that hitler had people who did many of the award signatures for him. I do know the signature on my RK mappe is an original he signed himself after completion by the art students that helped pen them over the lightly printed lettering on the documents sheep skin, and were finished with his signature personally.
                    Early years items would seem to have a better chance of it being an actual signature, or for very important awards , personally given out by him also would be personally signed. This is an actual signature , but maybe not by adolph himself as stated prior and i agree . Does anybody know if thiesser (may have the spelling wrong) who signed lots of the documents at the right bottom , did any, or had his people do any when making the awards documents?

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                      I was told once by someone that hitler had people who did many of the award signatures for him. I do know the signature on my RK mappe is an original he signed himself after completion by the art students that helped pen them over the lightly printed lettering on the documents sheep skin, and were finished with his signature personally.
                      Early years items would seem to have a better chance of it being an actual signature, or for very important awards , personally given out by him also would be personally signed. This is an actual signature , but maybe not by adolph himself as stated prior and i agree . Does anybody know if thiesser (may have the spelling wrong) who signed lots of the documents at the right bottom , did any, or had his people do any when making the awards documents?
                      Sorry, but whoever told you this is talking nonsense. You are referring to "secretarial" signatures of which Hitler did not approve for obvious reasons. You are also slightly mistaken regarding the importance of a document. I have come across documents of some Reichsminister which bore a printed Hitler signature whilst there are surprisingly unimportant documents, even in the war years, which have handwritten Hitler signatures.
                      The above example is a genuine handwritten Hitler signature, I have no doubt. The von Blomberg signature is also authentic.
                      Max.

Comment

I agree with Max. As I understand it, Hitler signatures only came in two 'flavors' -- hand-signed and printed. He did not use the services of an autopen nor did he permit secretaries or other staff to sign his name. Also, the Seal of State was embossed onto a document after all the signing was completed and its presence was to assure that the document was authentic. The ranking officer of the department that presented the new appointment that the document was announcing signed the bottom right-hand corner of the document first, as an endorsement of the promotion or award, and Hitler in the case of matters requiring the authorization of the Head of State, signed last as certifying the appointment.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X