Scans of Erhard Milch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scans of Erhard Milch

There are a couple of well-known and well circulated Hoffman postcards of Erhard Milch, which I believe were taken pre-war. Both depict him with visor cap and leather belt with cross-strap. One is upper torso and head only, the other includes more full-length.

If anyone out there has these postcards and can scan them, would you please PM me? I am working on a special project and need these particular photos.

Many thanks.

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Hello Mike,

I think that both are wartime : In the full-length photo he is holding the batton & in the torso postcard there is a tiny 1939 spange on the EKII bar(the ranks & knight's cross were oftenly added to photos that were already taken so I don't take them as indication to the time of the depiction).
    The usuall Hoffmann postcard that show him without a visor hat was probably taken pre-war.

Sorry I can't help you with the scans.

HT

Comment

Thanks

Yes, you were quite right. What threw me off was the fact that he was wearing the cross-strap to the leather belt. I had not seen the small EK2 device.

These are the postcards I am looking for. I need high-quality scans. In the meantime, I am looking to buy these as well but don't need expensive ones with Milch's autograph.

Any help is appreciated. And full credit to Helmut Weitze for these images.

Mike Heuer
      Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

The other ..

And here is the other one I need.

Mike Heuer
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike......

......are my eyes playing tricks, or is that the top of his baton just barely showing in image #2? From the looks of both images I would be willing to bet that they were both shot on the same day, in the same studio.....just slightly different poses.

-------------------------

Bruce

Comment

Hi Mike!

If you PM me your e-mail address, I can send you some good quality scans of the 2 pics in question.

Regards,

VJK

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X