Help on this guy .. please ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on this guy .. please ?

Does anyone know what kinda unit this guy was ?
    sorry if the pictures are bad these are the only ones I have of him.
    He is my girlfriends family but we have no idea in what unit he was.

Picture 1 is enormous : http://www.beanbunny.com/he1.jpg
    Pictrure 2 and 3 are a little bit smaller : www.beanbunny.com/he4.jpg

I hope someone can help me on this because I have no clue where to start looking.

Looking at the first photo they are all in Reichsmarine uniform.....the Obergefreiter on the right is wearing a Steuermann Abzeichen which is an engineers helmsman.

Lookingh at the others the Waffenfarbe or piping on his shoulder boards and collar patches looks dark....I would say a Pionier or Engineer!?

There is a number on the shoulder boards of the first photo in the second URL....can you make it out 1 or 5?
    This would be the number of his unit...i.e. Pionier Abteilung 1.

Also these are prewar photos I believe!?

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Yes they seem to be pre war pictures since he is on the family photo where he is in the same uniform . THere are some on the photo that are in SA uniform.
      I believe the nr on the shoulderboards is 3

Comment

Originally posted by Keiichi
        I believe the nr on the shoulderboards is 3
        If that is the case then he would have served with:

Pionier Bataillon 3

Formed 1.1.1921 as 3 (Preuß.) Pionier Bataillon; 1.10.1934 renamed Pionier Bataillon Küstrin and 15.10.1935 Pionier Bataillon 3 in Küstrin Wehrkreis III; 27.10.1939 motorised under submission of the horse squadron; January 1943 destroed at Stalingrad.
        Reformed 1.3.1943 in Franice from Pionier Bataillon (mot) 386 and remains of the old Battalion.

Under: 3. Infanterie-Division, 3. Infanterie-Division (motorisiert), 3. Panzer-Grenadier-Division

Replacement unit: 3 Brandenburg, 1.11.1939 68 Küstrin

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Do you know the names of the soldiers that served in those battalions ?
          Maybe the last names ?

Comment

Originally posted by Keiichi
            Do you know the names of the soldiers that served in those battalions ?
            Maybe the last names ?
            That would be a miracle!!!

Do you have a name and date of birth of your girlfriend's relative? If yes then you could wright to the Deutsches Dienststelle....otherwise it will be difficult to obtain any details!

/Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
            X