Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Panzer Abteilung 501 documents

hey,

I have these documents for a long time in my collection now, and i still like them, and know I want to share them with you guy's

The three papers tells the trainingplan from 30/10/44 to 5/11/44 for the 2e kompanie of the SS Panzer Abteilung 501. The plan was made on the 27 of octobre 1944. On the 3rd page you can see that it is signed ( not with a pen ) by an Untersturmfürher and a very strange ( to me ) abbreviation: S.d.F.d.Kp.b
    if anyone must know were it stands for please let me know.

I wanted to sell them, some time ago but I have changed my mind

the last document is a fahrbefehl for an SS-Soldier, These documents were found together so I post the fahrbefehl as well

hope you like them,

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[IMG] Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[[/IMG]

Originally posted by wolffighter View Post
    On the 3rd page you can see that it is signed ( not with a pen ) by an Untersturmfürher and a very strange ( to me ) abbreviation: S.d.F.d.Kp.b
    if anyone must know were it stands for please let me know.
    It would be m.d.F.d.Kp.b. = mit der Führung die Kompanie beauftragt (temporarily charged with leadership of the company).

Jason

Comment

dear Jason,

Thanks very much for you reply, the m was so difficult to decipher what letter it was, I always thougt it was an s, sorry for that

thanks again for the translation

regards,
      maarten

Comment

It's always fun to see the plans for the daily "life" of soldiers when they have a respite from combat.
        Jeff

Comment

Hi Maarten,

Nice to see these great docs again! I always get a kick out of the types of training they did, and the different people (Komp Chef, platoon leaders, or NCOs) that they assigned the different training classes to. Very similar to what we did when I was a tank soldier, except that we didn't have the company commander giving us a weekly political review!

The signature on the Fahrbefehl should be that of SS-Hstuf. Rolf Möbius, the 2. Kompaniechef. Looks like he was letting his two lieutenant platoon leaders go out for a night on the town in Bedburg (perhaps a swinging place in the fall of '44). Or maybe they were checking a route? What is the word given for Zweck der Fahrt; I can't read it ... doesn't look like Strassenerklärung. The date of 8.12.44 is just before they started moving to the forward assembly area for the Ardennes Offensive, so maybe they were checking the road ...

Best,
          Greg
          Last edited by Greg; 05-06-2011, 08:05 AM.
          sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
          www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

hey Greg,

nice to hear from you again, and many thanks for the information. I can't read the name after Zweck der Fahrt either, not on the original, not on the scan ( in fact the scan is better than the original, i believe it is because of the light) otherwise I would spell it for you, because I can't read or speak german

I'am really glad that I kept these documents, because it is a part of history. I have sold almost totaly my collection, because my interest was gone, but 2 week's ago a friend asked me to help for his exhibition, and that's when the interest came back. So I'm back again, with an empty room, just these documents in a frame and some familly pieces

thanks again for the information,
            Maarten

Comment

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for sharing these documents. As a researcher of the vehicles and weapons of the LAH and sSS Pz Abt 101/501 I am really interested in the travel document. Quite amazing that it covers the exact vehicle they should take and even down to giving the number plate.

Cheers
              Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X