This is why you don't buy photo albums from Germany anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why you don't buy photo albums from Germany anymore

Check out these links to an auction site out of Germany. one album contains mass produced souvenier photos and some bidder will get burned big time by not knowing. The seller in the first link states they will remove the images from the auction page 1 day after the bidding ends. Why?
    The 2nd link is for an album that has those repro crap "russian archive" photos that so many people fall victim to these days mixed in with average original photos to spice it up and make it look good.
    Just another reason why you should NOT buy photo albums from Germany any more unless you really know what to look for.

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...France%2C-TOP?

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...hnik-Panzer%2C

Sorry but because there are a few guys cheating it does not mean that everybody is a cheater. Come down and donĀ“t blame an entire country for some scumbacks.
    skalp

Comment

Sounds like your'e an expert on German photo albums and Germany. As mentioned don't judge the country judge those few who sell such crap! Many German vendors are pretty honest and I know quite of few Americans who avidly buy from Germany.....which includes myself. I've encountered very few dishonest vendors but there are some out there...especially on Ebay and not necessarily all German. Besides Ebay is not always the best place to shop!!

Comment

everyone missed the key word here which was "unless" you know what to look for. I did not say all of Germany's sellers are bad, many are very honest. Ebay was not mentioned in my post however there are repros being sold as originals on ebay USA as any other ebay site worldwide.
        This post was meant to educate and bring awareness, not point fingers or cause others to go on the defensive.
        Point being that if enough new collectors can get educated and stop buying repros sold as originals then one day the repro game will diminish and the hobby may get rid of alot of the bad sellers.

Comment

Actually it was your title of the thread that attracted the attention and such comments.

"This is why you don't buy photo albums from Germany anymore".

Ebay was mentioned as they are basically an online auction and a major source of photos...original and repros sold as originals. I agree you have to know what you are looking at but even so it is hard (besides the known fakes) to tell sometimes unless you have them in your hands. No matter how good your are there will be times you will get stuck with fake/repro photo(s).

Originally posted by germanww2photos View Post
          everyone missed the key word here which was "unless" you know what to look for. I did not say all of Germany's sellers are bad, many are very honest. Ebay was not mentioned in my post however there are repros being sold as originals on ebay USA as any other ebay site worldwide.
          This post was meant to educate and bring awareness, not point fingers or cause others to go on the defensive.
          Point being that if enough new collectors can get educated and stop buying repros sold as originals then one day the repro game will diminish and the hobby may get rid of alot of the bad sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by germanww2photos View Post
            Well, you're subject heading is "This is why you don't buy photo albums from Germany anymore", so you can understand the reaction. Germany is the best place to get albums from.

This from the second link:
            "Sie bieten auf ein 100% originales Fotoalbum mit 54 Fotos."
            [You are bidding on a 100% original photo album with 54 photos]

When you're a fraudster, it's all in the wording.
            "Hey, this album you sold me is full of fakes!"
            "Yes, but the album is 100% original, as stated."

Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X