Three new paper pick-ups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three new paper pick-ups.

I thought you guys might like to see a few items I picked up recently. And feel free to expand upon the translations I have provided.

First up is a KDF menu card from the ship M.S. Montesarmiento.

It reads:

14th sea journey with the M.S. Montesarmiento of the Hamburg, South American steamboat corporation, Captain: F. Petersen

Order of courses. Tuesday 13. August 1935

breakfast: coffee, tea, milk, Hamburger, grey-white-black bred, butter, jelly, buckwheat groats in milk

lunch: pea soup, roasted pork, green cabbage, potatoes

afternoon: coffee, tea, Hamburger, dumplings

dinner: green chili meat with Parmesan noodles, grey-white-black bread, Hildesheim liverwurst, pork sausage, butter, Gouda cheese, tea.

Apparently Friedrich Petersen was the Commander of the Gustloff ship which was torpedoed by the Russians with 9300 civillian casualties.
    Attached Files

Next up is an insurance card which was issued to SA men that participated in the early rallies. I believe it to be some instalment plan which paid out if the SA man was injured. Probably a nice little party earner too. It bears the address of the Brown House in Munich, which is nice. This guy looks to be fully paid up.

The text reads:

"Adolf Hitler ordered, that all party comrades need to pay for the insurance and support the injured. No member may elude this duty of honour. "

Text on the rear: " The welfare insurance grant help by accidents, acts of revenge or raids by political enemies."
    Attached Files

Comment

Finally, a letter/postcard sent by the farmers organization "Blood & Soil" after a meeting at the Berghof to SS-Obersturmfuhrer Hans Strobel who was Ahnenerbe folklorist and leader of the Alfred Rosenberg Ahnenerbe administration "Ethnology and organize parties". He wrote the Ahnenerbe book "Bauernbrauch im Jahreslauf".

It reads:

Matter: Beekenbrennen at Stapelholm

To execute the meeting at the Berghof on 11th of this month, we inform you, that the sent photos of the Beekenbrennen has been shot by the Schleswig Holstein Landesbrand insurance.

(The Beekenbrennen was and still is a traditional festival in Frisia also called Biikebrennen). Anyway, that's it for now. Hope you like them.

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Any thoughts?

Also, in the last item does the text "in Berghof" more than likely actually refer to the actual Berghof on the Obersalzberg?

I ask as doesn't "in Berghof" literally mean "in Berghof" - which sounds more like a place, rather than the name of a building.

Gerdan, can you shed any light on this translation?

Thanks

Chris

Comment

Chris

you are right, "in Berghof" is not "im Berghof".

So we must look to find if there is a other place/village called Berghof. So it would fit.

Gerdan

Comment

I had a look on Google Maps but couldn't see anything. Maybe "in" was just a spelling mistake and it should, in fact, have been "im."

The more I think about it, the more unlikely I think there is a place called "Berghof". But I suppose it's possible.

Comment

Berghof (Peissenberg), Ortsteil von Peissenberg im Landkreis Weilheim-Schongau, Bayern,

Berghof ist eine Ortschaft von Wipperfürth im Oberbergischen Kreis im Regierungsbezirk Köln in Nordrhein-Westfalen

Berghof ist ein Ortsteil der Stadt Schmallenberg in Nordrhein-Westfalen

Berghof ist eine Ortschaft in der Gemeinde Marienheide im Oberbergischen Kreis , Nordrhein-Westfalen

Neustadtl an der Donau „Berghof", Gemeinde Neustadt Gemeindegliederung: Berghof

Zur Gemeinde Halblech gehören unter anderem die Orte Halblech, Bayerniederhofen, Berghof,

In a few minutes I found about 6 place names/villages in Germany nemed "Berghof"

and this is not Hitler's famous Berghof.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X