Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAB & Krim Shield Award Documents

Good day Gentlemen

Is there any general way of telling if documents like these are the real thing? Should I be particularly suspicious of SS items?

Many thanks

James
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

I don't like either. The signature on the Krimschild citation should be the stamped version of Manstein's and the commanding officer of 14 Pz.Div at the time of the citation was Martin Unrein. If you haven't bought these yet then it's best just to leave them alone as they are fakes.

Comment

You can tell by the force signature, forced aging on the paper. Hucks is correct about the Krimshild. FAKE
      Jeff

Comment

What do you think of these? Do you think these are any better?
        Attached Files
        Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

Yep, those 3 look totally fine to me - a nice little set. The EK is signed by Friedrich-Wilhelm von Rotkirch und Panthen, and I believe the KvK citation is signed by Anton Grasser.
          Here is a little information on Korps-Nachr.Abt 454... http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...s/KNA454-R.htm
          Last edited by hucks216; 04-22-2011, 04:04 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence Hucks. The link is great.

You guys are just stella

Many thanks

James

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence Hucks. The link is great.

You guys are just stella

Many thanks

James

Comment

Hucks and Jeff are correct IMO, the top two are bad, the bottom group of 3 is good.
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

The second set of 3 is really nice. Congrats on it - if you've purchased!

best
                  Hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X