Otto Skorzeny Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Otto Skorzeny Photo

I'm not sure if this is the correct area for this; but I highly respect the opinion of the members here and I'm curious as to your take on this photo.

I guess it's possible but none of it looks just right. I've pulled up Google images of those listed; and while some are similar, I can't tell with my own eye that any of this is fact. Also there is no way that this photo is from 1938 but maybe 1928; Otto was born in 1908 and the young man reported to be him looks barley 20. And of course a casual picture in this time frame seems way out of place.

Yet if it is half fact, certainly makes for an interesting grouping of people.

Then the author of the site goes on to make some fairly wild theories; not sure I can buy into any of that. But what caught my attention is the photo "supposedly" came from Skorzeny's keep sake box.

I guess what I question more than anything; if there is any shred of truth to this photo, it would stand to reason it must have come for Skorzeny. But I have to ask is that possible? And then of course the crazy death bed story, it all seems so bizzare.

Source: http://educate-yourself.org/cn/famil...d24aug07.shtml

I do not know what to say other than this is just ridiculous.

Comment

Joseph Mengele had cosmetic surgery after the war and has a successful comedy career as Milton Berle. I don't know where these people come from.

Comment

I know it seems 99.9% utterly stupid; but I was still curious if anyone here had ever heard of Skorzeny handing over personal photos on his dead bed and or death bed secrets revealed.

Comment

"Martin Borman" appears to be wearing a navy jumper which would be a big red flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
            "Martin Borman" appears to be wearing a navy jumper which would be a big red flag.
            Here's why I'm exploring that 0.1% maybe.

Let's just say that really is Skorzeny and his photo handed over near death to whomever; then several things are possible. First I have to get over the how it's possible to have a casual photo taken in color at the time; but then you could get into whether or not someone just made up a total BS story about all the people in it. Or maybe Otto was half out of his mind at 67 and near death from a battle with cancer; or or or......

And then if there is the remote 0.1% chance it's real; maybe just one of the reported people in the photo is accurate, such as Gehlen.

There is no way in the world this photo was taken in 1938 and either Skorzeny or Bormann is correct; not even close, and I would still have a hard time believing that is Bormann in 1928. But Skorzeny is a different story; very very hard for me to see it in the face but maybe just a hint, but the long arms suggesting height with the ever so slight facial hints give it a maybe.

Skorzeny has always been a fascinating subject to me and I want to explore the possibility.

Comment

Here is the supposed straight scan of the photo with no PS adjustments.

Comment

how some in Germany say 'hast Du alle tassen in schrank"?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X