Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dachau Pics Bizarre

Hi

I was offered these today from one of my house clearers. I have no idea what to think of these as Iam not a foto expert. The pics are not agfa marked on the back. The story behind them I found silly in the way of trying to be sold something, but Ive never heard it before, and Ive heard a lot of stories. Supposedly these were taken in Dachau by inmates early on trying to inform the world of what was happening, supposedly ran off in groups. ( Iam not really buying the story) Hence the strange fonts on the bottom. To me they appear 45 era liberation. Anyone ever encounter anything like this?

Best
    Dion
    Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

I would agree, Dion. As I understand it, Dachau was originally created to be an internment camp for political prisoners -- 'undesirables' who were not guilty of any particular 'legal' crime that they could be put on trial for. The camp eventually contributed forced labor for the war effort. These poor souls pictured were apparently worked and starved to death, and that would have occurred by liberation at war's end. I'm sorry that I have scant knowledge of the photo processes of the time and would not venture a guess as to that question.

Br. James

Comment

As BR.James said, early on was not suppsedly like that. Political, voiciferous religious etc thrown in. But early could mean early after enforced internment of jews...

still i dont buy it either...it looks like somthing after 45. To further information on the Camps as Allies would want (after 45).

Now as an aside, it is understood that intell knew what was going on in Konzentration Lagers before the liberation and govs(like the US) kept a lid on it.
        Still...I dont buy this pix as being that. No proof, just a feeling these are after war "info" photos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X