ID This Highly Decorated RK Panzermann?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID This Highly Decorated RK Panzermann?

I've been trying to identify the man in these photos...you'd think it would be easy based on his awards but it's eluding me. German Cross, RK, 3 Tank Destruction Badges, Grossdeutschland. In one image, the one leaning against the wall, he clearly wears a General Assault Badge. In the one where he holds the water bottle, it appears to be a Panzer badge. Perhaps he held both? I thought maybe Franz Bake, but this man is enlisted. Any ideas? Personal photos printed on Agfa paper
    Attached Files

Are you sure he's not a reenactor? They somehow don't feel right.

Comment

Very strange to see a pic with soldier with RK, German Cross .. with a bottle of hard liquor in his hand.

The bottle could be from "Steinhäger"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steinh%C3%A4ger

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h...B4fFtAbk6PXxAQ

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
        Are you sure he's not a reenactor? They somehow don't feel right.
        I don't know why, but I think the same way...

Comment

modern reenactor photo. We've even seen photos with the same background\setting here before here.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

It looks to be a re-enactor photo to me as well. Looking at his face...he just doesn't have the look.
            Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
            Decorations of Germany

Comment

2nd pic

Is this OK that the cuff title on the right (!) arm?

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                2nd pic

Is this OK that the cuff title on the right (!) arm?

Gerdan
                Yes, its correct for a GD-cufftitle.

Comment

Thanks you for the instruction. I was not firm in this subject.

Gerdan

Comment

I got them from dreamlady*2010 on eBay. I noticed she seems to have lots of neat photos...these two above are different sizes. a lot of interesting photos don't seem to be anything uber desirable...hard to read cuff titles, obscurred awards, not what you'd expect in a scam as they don't bring armfuls of cash. anyone here dealt with this seller?

Comment

These photographs portray a reactor or a model to produce fake wartime photographs. I have seen these before and others alike.

Contact Ebay and the seller will be halted and you will get your money back.

Comment

I'm not sure if the seller does it or not. has lots of photos of different sutff, different sizes and watermarks and these might just be mixed in with their lot. anyone else experiences with this seller?

Comment

Fake modern made picture for sure.. just look at the guy
                          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

There you go.. look at the tree and building..
                            Attached Files
                            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Great job

Good job !

The Panzerman looks like the actor that played Stroop in UPRISING.

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
                              There you go.. look at the tree and building..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X