BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiter Blomberg Fritsch Signed Document Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiter Blomberg Fritsch Signed Document Original?

I baught this a few weeks ago, I have some notarized documents sayings the item is original but i want to post here and get your opinions, Thanks for any help i can get.
    Attached Files

pic 3

pic 3
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 5

pic 5
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, authentic.
        Max.

Comment

All look good to me! Great piece of history!!!

Enjoy,
          Mike

Comment

Help

Thanks for the help, what is the document a kind of promotion document? I did some research and one of the guys died as a general in 1940

Comment

Originally posted by NBolinger View Post
              Thanks for the help, what is the document a kind of promotion document? I did some research and one of the guys died as a general in 1940
              In simple terms, it's confirming a temporary rank as permanent for several officers.
              Max.

Comment

All signatures on this paper are authentic. Nice document !

Comment

Help

Thanks for the help! Thank you very much.

Comment

Yes, a beautiful piece of history! And it includes the old embossed Seal of State, too, which by 1936 would shortly be replaced by the New Order.

Great piece,

Br. James

Comment

Given this is a valuable document, you might want to see a papers conservator about the foxing (brown spots) to see if the cause can be identified and to see if any further browning can be arrested.

While some sources say that foxing is not impactive on paper intergrity, others indicate that it may show evidence of high acid levels, which over time could be deadly for paper.

Actual treatment could be pricy but an preliminary opinion might not cost too much.

Anybody else have experience with this issue? I am a bit surprsied to see degree of foxing in what must be higher quality pre-war paper.

Colin

Comment

All officers have been promoted "Oberst" starting with 1st March 1936.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Again Thanks for all the help. I found info on Von Dewitz Gennannt Von Krebs he became a panzer general was killed in 1940 but nothing on the other guys.

Comment

I found a GenMaj Stanislaus von Dewitz genannt von Krebs (born 31.3.1892 + September

1948) as POW in Workuta/Russia). He was commanding Kishinev/Russia and before he was Kommandant in Frankfurt/Oder.

I also found a Harry Afheldt. He was Oberst and commanding the Luftgau-Nachrichten Regiment Holland (1.4.41 - 6. 1942)

Gerdan

Comment

help

Gerden, Thanks so much for the help.Thank you very much to the rest of the members!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X