Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send you a pm

Comment

MG-Freak, got it! Thanks! Jason, here are a few more scans with the Krim area
      Attached Files

Comment

more on the Krim
        Attached Files

Comment

knocked out Russian tanks
          Attached Files

Comment

prisoners
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PzV View Post
              Jason, I will see about scanning some more. Jeff, thanks!

MG-Freak, if you would like me to send you the photos of Beatrixstraat 5 in Terneuzen in better resolution, please send me your e-mail. Is it the original house or has it been modified? Naturally it is only 1940 but I found the residents of this house to be awfully friendly to an occupation soldier- do you think they may have been collaborators?
              Probably not collaborators.
              Most of the people had no choice, they were forced to hold Germans in their houeses.
              Happend to one of my grandmomĀ“s family as well.
              Her dad was the head of a local school which they first sized.
              A little while later they also moved into their home, and later on they were forced out.
              But they had good contact with the normal German soldier..
              She told me it were nice guys that even brought some food with them for my grandmomĀ“s family.
              I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
              Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
              My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Rick, I assume that is the case and there was normally no choice in the matter and it was a possibility to get more food as you had mentioned.

Comment

Very, very nice Jim! 22.Pz.Div. is one of my favourite divisions. Thanks for showing these pics.

All the best,
                  Jason

Comment

That's an excellent album, lots of great pictures & thanks for posting them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X