Panzer Rgt 204 album and Soldbuch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Rgt 204 album and Soldbuch

I was able to pick this up after having my eye on it for quite a while as the base is right down the road and still exists to this day. The soldier was initially with Pz Abt 100, then Pz Rgt 202 and later Pz Rgt 204. He had much to do with captured tanks which is evident throughout the album
    Attached Files

The soldier was stationed in Holland and here can be seen captured tanks in German markings
    Attached Files

Comment

well marked captured vehicle in Zeeland.
      Attached Files

Comment

he was quartered with a local family and here are pictures of them with the soldier in his black Panzer uniform as well as the city and street address!
        Attached Files

Comment

more photos with family members at his quarters and vehicle movement in the city of Hülst in Holland.
          Attached Files

Comment

the commentary "English Panzer in German service"
            Attached Files

Comment

testing a French tank
              Attached Files

Comment

he later arrived in Schwetzingen as a driving trainer. The Panzer hall in the background is still there as well as a bit of the cobblestone road. Note that the picture in the middle is from his Soldbuch which also was with the group as well as a yellow "Fahrlehrerschein" or drivers instructor license with entries for armoured vehicles up to 30 tons
                Attached Files

Comment

Panzer driver training and a photo of him in Heidelberg (not far from Schwetzingen) viewing the castle. These are only an excerpt of some of the photos in the album and there is also a nice section on the eastern front where he was also in action.
                  Attached Files

Comment

a few of the unit entries in his Soldbuch
                    Attached Files

Comment

on the eastern front he was also hospitalized in Charkow as listed on this document in the Soldbuch
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's nice Jim!

Do you know when he was with Pz.Rgt.204? Hopefully in the Crimea... I'd love to see any pics from that time period.

Jason

Comment

Very nice album!

Maybe interesting to know that the house on Beatrixstraat 5 in Terneuzen still exists

Comment

Jim,
                            Another nice find!
                            Jeff

Comment

Jason, I will see about scanning some more. Jeff, thanks!

MG-Freak, if you would like me to send you the photos of Beatrixstraat 5 in Terneuzen in better resolution, please send me your e-mail. Is it the original house or has it been modified? Naturally it is only 1940 but I found the residents of this house to be awfully friendly to an occupation soldier- do you think they may have been collaborators?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X