Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbentrop signature

hi guy´s,

what do you think about these 2 signatures.?
    I see a few differences.
    Are they original ?

Best Seb.

No opinions?

Comment

As far as I can tell from the pix, both signatures appear to conform to the penmanship of the example I have in my collection and also with known published examples. What are the documents these signatures appear on?

Br. James

Comment

They are on large picture "gift pictures"
        you mine that they are good one?

Winkler sell this twice on him's page

Sepp

Comment

Thanks for your response. Since both signatures are on photos, it may be possible to further authenticate the handwriting by establishing the age of the photos themselves. After all, it is firmly established that Herr Minister von Ribbentrop certainly did not sign ANYTHING after October 16, 1946, so any photo that he may have signed could not have been produced later than that date. Are there any contributors to this thread with expertise on the photo processes used in the TR in the 30s/40s that may be helpful to this question?

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
            As far as I can tell from the pix, both signatures appear to conform to the penmanship of the example I have in my collection and also with known published examples.
            Br. James
            I hope not. I would not want either of these signatures in my collection. I would also bet my right arm that the photographs are original Bauer photos, pre-1945.
            Max.

Comment

Hi max,

That is correct all twice are Bauer pictures.
              one is on a "Cardboard" and the ohter one,
              is written Bauer on the back.

The Pictures are the same.
              The pictures looks good before 1945

It is Ribbentrop as a SS Gruppenführer

Best

Comment

Max -- can you tell us what you don't like about these signatures?

Br. James

Comment

Here's a genuine von Ribbentrop. You can decide for yourselves.
                  Max.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Again i must agree with Max. I don't like either of them, specially not the first one.

And it's not getting better by knowing they're from Winkler.

Comment

Thanks for your further response, Max. Maybe it's time for me to hang up my magnifying glass, but I still don't see the difference between your example and the ones offered below. But many thanks, friend.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X