EK & KvK Citation Signatures ID Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK & KvK Citation Signatures ID Request

After much digging and searching I have drawn a blank on my attempts to identify 4 signatures on two KvK and two EK citations in my collection. With one exception they all belong to groupings. I would be grateful if anyone can put a name to the signatures shown below.

First one... KvK awarded to a Naval Dr and dated for April 1945 (apologies for the bright image which is due to the scanner settings)...
    Attached Files

Second one - EK awarded to a member of Gren.Rgt 857 and signed by an Oberst. This is the sole one here that isn't part of a grouping and I don't know why but I have always had a niggling doubt about the originality of this citation, but hopefully it is fine...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hucks216; 03-27-2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Third one - KvK awarded to a member of Br.B.Btl 26 and signed by an Oberst. Both of the FpNr's seen in the stamp match the unit of the signing officer - Der Kommandierende General der Sicherungstruppe u. Befehlshaber im Heeresgebiet Don...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by hucks216; 03-27-2011, 09:18 AM. Reason: Extra information added.

Comment

And finally - EK awarded to a member of Gren.Rgt 254. The date of the signing corresponds to a period of a changeover of command for the 110 ID from Martin Gilbert to Eberhard von Kurowski. Could it belong to Konrad von Alberti? At the date on this citation he was, according to Axis Biographical Research, Führer-Reserve OKH (19 Jan 1943-16 May 1943), Commander of the 246th Infantry-Division (16 May 1943-17 May 1943), Führer-Reserve Army-Group Centre for Use as Divisional Commander (17 May 1943-01 Aug 1943) & Commander of the 246th Infantry-Division (01 Aug 1943-12 Sep 1943)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by hucks216; 03-27-2011, 09:12 AM. Reason: Extra details added.

Comment

Hi Hucks,

The second one to Gren Rgt. 857 looks like Oberst Neumann. He commanded the 346.Inf Div. for a short time. The info can be found here:

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=3922

Jared

Comment

Originally posted by JBGracing View Post
            Hi Hucks,

The second one to Gren Rgt. 857 looks like Oberst Neumann. He commanded the 346.Inf Div. for a short time. The info can be found here:

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=3922

Jared
            Thank you for that Jared, it certainly looks like 'Neumann,' which also removes the niggling doubts about it.

Comment

I have been informed that the first one could well be Korvettankapitän M.A. Otto v. Rhein.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X