Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feldpost number

Hi

I am digging the history of a german soldier who whas quarted with my family.
    His name was Franz Riemer and was in the Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 19 1 Kompanie.
    And my question is that maybe someone could tell me more on the feldpost number:09925 B ?

Thanks

Melvin

Hi Melvin

The FPN was given out to; Staff and 1.-4. Kompanie Reserve Infanterie Bataillon 19 from 15.7.1942 - 24.1.1943.

After that, from 1.8.1943 - 23.3.1944 to Staff and 1.-4. Kp. Reserve Grenadier Bataillon 19.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
    Falk

Comment

Thanks Falk

Is it possible to know with the FPN wich villages they past?

With Kind Regards,

Melvin

Comment

when and where was he quartered with your family?

As you can see from it's history, it's quite complicated

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...ErsBat19-R.htm
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I will tell the story but it is a bit complicated.
          Franz Riemer was quartered in Holland in the province Zeeland in the village 's-Heer Arendskerke.
          He lived with the aunt of my grandmother.
          Propably he saw the aunt of my grandmother as an mother for him and he enjoyed the life in the village.
          Later the soldiers needed to move to Wolphaartsdijk Franz refused to go with them.
          So he hide on the attic of the bakery who where their neighbours.
          Not long afther that the baker found him and brought him back to the aunt and she could get him persuade to go back to the other soldiers who where in Wolphaartsdijk.(ten km away)
          What they knew was that he went to Russia.
          If that was with this bataillon of Zeeland or he went to an other bataillon we don't know
          The information I have from WASt was that Franz reported was to Einheit 1.Stammkompagnie Grenadier Ersatz Bataillon 19 in October 20 1943.
          So this was I think afther Zeeland.
          In Januar 7 1945 until March 28 1949 he was a POW (in Russia).
          This is al I know.

With Kind Regards

Melvin

Comment

Grenadier ersartz Btl. 19 was his home depot and training unit, not his field unit.

Where does the feldpostnummer come into it?

It might be easier to try and find out what units were stationed in Zeeland and see how\if any might have a connection with GEB 19
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Allright I will search for the units who where stationed.

Do you mean where I found the FPN ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X