Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certificates & Paperwork (opinions please )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certificates & Paperwork (opinions please )

Picked up some certs in some small groupings, i would appreciate those in the know could look themn over for the

Thanks!
    Attached Files

this chap has two OST certs
    Attached Files

Comment

some paperwork for above ost
      Attached Files

Comment

I presume this is not a handwritten signature of Keitel?
        Attached Files

Comment

next we have
          Attached Files

Comment

and lastly wound badge black and silver
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice docs, the double ostmedaille and kvk2 is interesting.

You see these double awards sometimes when a soldier has for example changed units, his old and new units doing double paperwork.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Mike,with regards to the EKII doc,in my german order of battle1944 Gen. d. Inf.for Wehrkreis IV was Victor von Schwedler.
                John.

Comment

thanks both, is there any place or books that are a good starting point for collecting paperwork, or a case of learn on the job via waf

Comment

You could try Archive militaria,he comes to our local fair in Chatham and has some nice stuff.I have been lucky when it comes to paper work,WAF is the way to go!

Comment

The first KvK citation is signed by eventual Generalleutnant Paul Scheuerpflug.

Here is a list of paperwork related books which covers both citations and soldbucher/wehrpasses, and books that are also useful for collecting such things...
                      http://stirnpanzer.com/forum/essenti...ors-t2472.html

There is also a thread in the Wehrpass section here on the WAF that lists others...
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=52307
                      Last edited by hucks216; 03-21-2011, 11:55 AM. Reason: Second link added.

Comment

Thanks i will check them out

Comment

All nice docs. I love "double award" groups. I have 2 with double ostmedal docs. Once in a while you'll see some with double EK 2's also.

best
                          Hank
                          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

With regards to the EK II & Silver Wound Badge to Wittgrefe it is highly likely that the EK II was awarded for a severe wounding he received that saw him being awarded the SWB, and possibly eventually discharged from military service.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X