G. Prien's signature authentic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

could you provide us with facts not only with an allegation? For me it looks perfect and btw it was offered and sold by Heroautographs / Bernd Poser a couple of years ago.

Thanks in advance & regards

Comment

@ FrankandFrank #6

Comment

Prien U-Boat ACE Masterpiece

@ frankandfrank

Hi, because I can't respond directly to your post (no idea why) I would like to ask whether this is the letter which was written by Guenther Prien for Irmela von Klenk in Berlin-Friedenau dated 26th of July 1940 which was on auction fpr a hammer price of EUR 440,- last Saturday with Schmolt, Krefeld (see www.schmolt.de, 27th. Autograph Auction, No. 116)?

This is defintely an authentic letter / signature which could be used as reference piece for example with the signature posted here in the beginning of this thread. Interesting by the way how Prien has written his name on the envelope in a completely different style. Compared with the signature on the letter it makes it even more incomprehensible for me that the signature on the photo should be faked. So I totally disagree with your judgement as long as you holdback the reasons for your opinion! In this context I would like to refer to a very interesting film on you tube '10 Asse und das Seeraeuberlied', especially the section around minute three. This shot was obviously taken on the same occasion and signed by Prien in the same way as well... So everybody should be able to make up his own mind now.

Comment

Prien

Obviously you are not able to substantiate your statement in post no. 6 regarding the authenticity of the Prien signature in question. I don't think that it matches the philosophy of this forum to mislead other members, Mr. Forst.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X